Honored Contributor

ANOTHER SOCIAL MEDIA ALTERNATIVE FOR US UPDATE!

[ Edited ]

TCM Forums is a potentially nice place to post, and it is not restricted to movie discussions! 

I had mentioned TCM forums in another thread, but didn't have the advantage then of @Johnnyeager 's and @Buffalogal47 's  information. You can create threads about virtually any topic.

The reason for that is that they have a "General Discussions" category, and also an "Off-Topic" category.  I noticed they have current events, politics, appreciation of autumn as a season, and lots more.

It's easy to join with just your email address and a password of your making.  I hate joining stuff, and filling out stuff, but this was quick and easy.   If interested, just start by googling TCM Forums.

I even started a category in "General Discussions" there for a lark --  "Vintage Noir Influenced TV"  !!    Thought there might be some Perry Mason fans there.   Don't expect to get much traffic--  the posting activity is much more sluggish there.  But maybe we can infuse some new energy.

If you go there, would love to see you, esp. if you like noirish TV.  I'm under the name 'lilypond' there.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ANOTHER SOCIAL MEDIA ALTERNATIVE FOR US UPDATE!

[ Edited ]

I'll add that you have the ability to message another poster directly and personally.  This could be a temporary means for some of you to exchange email contacts. 

You can load images, but there is, I believe, a cumulative size limit per poster.  I deal with this by deleting older content. 

There is also an Ignore function which works quite well.

Honored Contributor

Thanks so much, @Johnnyeager ,  you have been a fount of knowledge on this alternative for us!  

Esteemed Contributor

I will definitely join the TCM forum also!  More passwords for my old brain to remember - LOL!!

Thanks for the information @Oznell & @Johnnyeager 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Oznell's first thread is a hit! (by TCM Forum standards.)

It has lured in some old timers who are sometimes wary of anyone new.

Trying new things sometimes works!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

TCM Forums is a potentially nice place to post, and it is not restricted to movie discussions! 

I had mentioned TCM forums in another thread, but didn't have the advantage then of @Johnnyeager 's and @Buffalogal47 's  information. You can create threads about virtually any topic.

The reason for that is that they have a "General Discussions" category, and also an "Off-Topic" category.  I noticed they have current events, politics, appreciation of autumn as a season, and lots more.

It's easy to join with just your email address and a password of your making.  I hate joining stuff, and filling out stuff, but this was quick and easy.   If interested, just start by googling TCM Forums.

I even started a category in "General Discussions" there for a lark --  "Vintage Noir Influenced TV"  !!    Thought there might be some Perry Mason fans there.   Don't expect to get much traffic--  the posting activity is much more sluggish there.  But maybe we can infuse some new energy.

If you go there, would love to see you, esp. if you like noirish TV.  I'm under the name 'lilypond' there.

@Oznell  Why did you change your name?

Honored Contributor

Oh, good, thanks @Johnnyeager !   I really flubbed at first and put my topic in the wrong category over there, ha.  It's corrected now.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee,  I thought it might be weird or too redundant to have the same name across three forums, and my name there has quite close associations for me.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

But will you get to keep your avatar (which has always been my favorite on the QVC boards)?  Looking forward to seeing you at TCM, lilypond!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell  @twinsister  @Tique  @drizzellla @Etoile308 

I just registered atTMC forums as Pearley. I think that would be a great place to finish Season 4 of TF after this board closes, given TF is TV noir. I would hope to do it with a weekly epi thread like here.

@Tique  Maybe you'd join just to finish up TF the same way we've been discussing it?