Honored Contributor

Re: ANOTHER SHOW FOR GIADA ON FOOD NETWORK IN JANUARY 2019

There used to be more cooking channels, home channels, diy shows, but my cable co. cut some of them. Many of them run repeats all day. Love Barefoot Contessa, but back to back episodes? All day Love It Or List It?

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not into baking, cakes, etc. AND I'm not a fan of Giada's so this is an easy pass for me.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

I was never a Giada fan for 3 reasons, and I actually tried to watch, but here they are:

Her chest was always oozing out of her clothes.

That all tooth smile - top and bottom teeth.

Couldn't stand when she'd start saying words with Italian accent, "mascarpone" comes to mind.

Respected Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

I was never a Giada fan for 3 reasons, and I actually tried to watch, but here they are:

Couldn't stand when she'd start saying words with Italian accent, "mascarpone" comes to mind.

Totally agree!!  On FNS, she was always trying to up her Italian against the other Italian contestant and it drove me crazy like basically telling him that she can do a better Italian accent.

Respected Contributor

@manhattan1950 wrote:

@Ilovetea wrote:

I will not a show because she is on it but occasionally will watch despite it. Make Alex Guarnaschelli a host and I would watch because she is the host. Same with Scott Conant. 

Can't stand Alex. She's a TOTAL b on Chopped and WAY too full of her overweight self. LOVE Scott Conant.

I've made a lot of Giada's recipes. They're GREAT. I have NO problem watching her. What she wears has NO reflection on the fact that she's a GREAT chef.

I can't stand Alex either.  Never did like her on anything.  Not to be mean, but I've never seen hips as huge as hers!  When she became, next Iron Chef, I was so disgusted.  I refused to watch that show after she became one.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@IlliniGirl88  and others: To address your 3rd point, she IS Italian.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

I never said she wasn't.  Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@Shanus  -  I know she's Italian, but still can't stand when she breaks out the accent. 

Occasional Contributor

I read somewhere that Giada has to force her smiles, so it is phony. Not a fan , at all.

Esteemed Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

Yes, yes, and yes!  Can't stand the way she says "spaghetti" either.  LOL