Honored Contributor

Re: ANOTHER GOOD "FUGITIVE" EPISODE 2:00 A.M. EASTERN WEE HOURS MeTV

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

Didnt Dr Kimble end up with Diane Baker in the end?

@Shelbelle   Yes.  Smiley Sad

She later went on to encounter Hannibal Lecter! LOL

Honored Contributor

You're right, he did, @Shelbelle.   Supposedly she was from his home town and had always adored him, etc.  But wow, considering the many other women over the course of the series who were ga-ga over him,  the Diane Baker casting is a bit of a puzzle.  I don't think they had super chemistry or anything.

Not like he did with Suzanne Pleshette, Vera Miles, Susan Oliver, Shirley Knight, Lois Nettleton, Janis Paige, or even Pamela Tiffin... 

Honored Contributor

Yes, I mentioned last week that Pleshette delivered the eulogy at his funeral, as requested by his wife at the time. 

Honored Contributor

He was with Rosemary Forsythe for a long time before marrying his wife at the time of his death. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Yes, I mentioned last week that Pleshette delivered the eulogy at his funeral, as requested by his wife at the time. 

@Shelbelle- David Jansen was my son-in-law's great uncle. His great-aunt was married to him.  There are lots of fun David Jansen stories in his family. They divorced before he died.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Wow, neat connection, @sunala.  I'm going to guess that that was "Ellie" Janssen (I think that was her name).  There was also "Dani" Janssen (former wife of Buddy Greco) but am thinking it probably wasn't her, since I think she and David were still married at the time that he died.  Or maybe married and separated?

As @Shelbelle mentioned, there was also non-marital Rosemary Forsyth and of course Suzanne Pleshette in the wings...

If I have any this complicated romantic scenario wrong, would welcome correction from any "Fugitivistas"!

Esteemed Contributor

Wow - all this interesting trivia about David Janssen that I never heard of before!!

Too bad he died so young.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell wrote:

Wow, neat connection, @sunala.  I'm going to guess that that was "Ellie" Janssen (I think that was her name).  There was also "Dani" Janssen (former wife of Buddy Greco) but am thinking it probably wasn't her, since I think she and David were still married at the time that he died.  Or maybe married and separated?

As @Shelbelle mentioned, there was also non-marital Rosemary Forsyth and of course Suzanne Pleshette in the wings...

If I have any this complicated romantic scenario wrong, would welcome correction from any "Fugitivistas"!

@Oznell  I was "waiting in the wings" for him too Heart but he didn't see me!

I think you are right.  I'm pretty certain Dani was married to him when he died and they weren't separated.  From everything I've read, she was there with him when he had the heart attack in his bedroom and she called the squad.

Every now and then I'll see Rosemary F. on old TV shows (two Murder She Wrote episodes and later in a good episode of Monk) and I always look at her onscreen and think of her having lived with Janssen when he left Ellie.

As for Pamela Tiffin, she was an awful actress but in one of my favorite Fugitive episdoes - the "backstory" of Kimble's wife's murder in The Girl From Little Egypt (Ed Nelson is in that one too).

Honored Contributor

We are on such a "Fugitive" roll, @Pearlee.  Of course, "The Girl from Little Egypt" is also one of MY fave episodes too, ha.

Remember, Ed Nelson was in another episode too.  Wasn't he a guy working in a gym with Kimble, and then for complicated reasons they both went on the lam from the police.  It turned out Ed was all kind of unstable and even crooked (even though he had helped Kimble when it counted.)  I'm fuzzy on the details...

Another actor who had a small role playing a good guy on "The Girl from Little Egypt", was adorable Jerry Paris who played "Dr. Helper" on "The D i c k van D y k e Show".   There was something so cute about Jerry Paris (I loved "Millie Helper" too).  Would have liked to see more of him as an actor, but I think he went off into directing...

Honored Contributor

@Oznell   I have been enjoying the classic episodes of The Fugitive since your first alert a couple of weeks ago. Just noticed there are no upcoming shows. Maybe they will return in a different time slot.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.