Honored Contributor

ANOTHER GOOD "FUGITIVE" EPISODE 2:00 A.M. EASTERN WEE HOURS MeTV

Truly, I don't think EVERY "Fugitive" episode is great, but these ones from the stellar Season 3 that they are running the last few weeks, are among the best!  Incidentally, MeTV is on Channel 67 (at least, in my DirecTV system).

Love the cast.  Jessica Walter and Steven Hill's small plane crashes near Phoenix, and Dr. Richard Kimble (David Janssen), happening by, pulls them from the wreckage before it explodes.  Publicity for the survivors and the hero follows.  Trouble is, Hill is a married politician who was illicitly in the plane with his trusted aide's (James T. Callahan) straying wife.   All kinds of complications, including the fact that the politician's wife (Nancy Wickwire) knows about his infidelities, is an alcoholic, and could blow the whole campaign sky high...

You know doe-eyed actress Jessica Walter:

She's quite the sensitive ingenue here.

James T. Callahan is her loyal unsuspecting husband:

Steven Hill, below, was matinee idol handsome, but he hatches a plot to cover up his affair and save his candidacy, that is diabolical.

Luckily, the soulful Dr. Kimble is the only one smart enough to foil the deadly plot-- isn't it great that he constantly gets pulled into situations like this, ha.

Oh, guess who else shows up in this episode?  He's not a preening TV anchor, he's an earnest policeman here:

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ANOTHER GOOD "FUGITIVE" EPISODE 2:00 A.M. EASTERN WEE HOURS MeTV

@Oznell  - Thanks for the recommendation.  I loved The Fugitive and remember watching it with my family back in the 1960's.  Looks like a good episode and David Janssen is so handsome. My DVR is set.   I wish ME TV would bring back Route 66 - another good show from the '60's.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So interesting you should say that, @twinsister.   For a brief period, MeTV actually DID show "Route 66", also in the very wee hours, once a week on the weekend I think.

I caught a couple of the episodes, and though it was the first time seeing them, liked them right away.  I like that format of the the guys being in a different place each time, tackling new situations, etc.  

But it seems that it didn't last long.  I wonder if the show did not have that many episodes, compared to some other vintage shows?  Anyway, the fact that they did air it at one point is hopeful-- we should keep our eyes peeled and maybe it will pop up again... 

ETA--  Oh, I just realized from the wording of your post that you may already know that MeTV aired it, and just longing for them to air again.  If so, me too!

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  - Yes - I knew ME TV aired it in the middle of the night, but that was a few years ago.  I think Route 66 was originally on for three years. This was another show I remember watching with my parents. Love the theme song.

Honored Contributor

Oh, that one with Jessica W. was a really good one @Oznell  .  And every time I see it, I think how badly Steven Hill aged (think Law and Order when he was the prosecutor).  Yikes!  

Come to think of it, hunky handsome Janssen didn't age very well either (think Harry O.).

Honored Contributor

Oh, I know what you mean, @Pearlee, but I have such a soft spot for both of them-- they were such good actors.  David Janssen didn't take very good care of himself, unfortunately, which I'm sure was the major contributor to his ill health and early death....

Honored Contributor

Another point about The Fugitive.  I loved how actress Jacqueline Scott played his sister.  She really did look like a biological syster, she resembled him so much.  Great casting find!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I love that you mention her, @Pearlee!  I also thought Jacqueline Scott was fantastic as his sister!  They had a terrific brother-sister chemistry, especially when she would see him after a long period (like that time where she, her hubby and Kimble had their secret, pre-arranged meeting at a big basketball stadium or something in Indianapolis.)  She was on the edge of hysteria, she was so happy to see him, and kept falling apart and he kept telling her to keep it together, he needed her to be "strong" or something, ha. 

Honored Contributor

I remember that episode @Oznell .  Oh, my, she looked so much like him (although he was prettier LOL!).   And she truly did act like a sister would. I liked every episode she was in; those were always special episodes.

Honored Contributor

Didnt Dr Kimble end up with Diane Baker in the end?