Honored Contributor

Re: ANOTHER EXCEPTIONAL "FUGITIVE" EPISODE 2:00 A.M. EASTERN MeTV WEE HOURS MONDAY

[ Edited ]

I remember that episode well @Oznell  .  By the way, Carol Rossen was in at least one (possibly more) Fugitive episodes I can think of.  And don't forget Donald P. was in the first Halloween film with Jamie Lee Curtis (maybe others - I only saw the original one).

Boy, I wish the MeTV I get ran nightly episodes of The Fugitive  at a decent hour.  I'd definitely watch it. Not only was Janssen so handsome, but the shows were extremely well written, esp. compared to today's TV shows. And it's fun to see so many people in it just starting out who later became big stars (Wm Shatner, Bruce Dern and Dabney Coleman come to mind as just a few of many).

Honored Contributor

Re: ANOTHER EXCEPTIONAL "FUGITIVE" EPISODE 2:00 A.M. EASTERN MeTV WEE HOURS MONDAY

@vsm,  I had planned to re-watch the episode tonight, not having seen it in probably a couple of years.  Now you've heightened my anticipation, since I'm forgetting the line you referenced and it sounds great!  I do remember, in a general sense, how devastating that ending was...

@Pearlee, so true, that's one of the great pleasures of "The Fugitive" is spotting them on there.   Janis Paige (as the terminally ill nightclub singer),  Eileen Heckart (as that feisty nun he travels with), Gloria Grahame (as a poisonous stepmother), all the ones you reference, and tons of others I'm forgetting....   It's like, who DIDN'T guest star on "The Fugitive", at one time or another!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell   I agree Janssen was perfectly cast as Kimble.  And don't forget, the show came out in 1963, not all that long after the famous Dr. Sam Sheppard case, on which the show was based, although the producers have always denied that (I'm sure it was).

I never liked the Harrison Ford film.   I always think "don't mess with perfection" and Janssen and Barry Morse were perfection in their roles.   I didn't learn Morse was English until many years after the show ended.  

ETA  Oznell, I never much liked that two-part nun episode!  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Oznell   I don't think I havn't liked any episode of The Fugitive, have to get back to it to finish, then will watch again, lol.  

Respected Contributor

One of my favorites. Tried never to miss one. David Jansen was one good looking man. Loved the old ones. I don’t watch any of the new ones.

Honored Contributor

Shame he died so young at 48,. handsome man, for sure. 

When ME TV had this on a few years ago at midnight on Sun nights I would stay up just to see it. There were a few good ones with Suzanne Pleshette, an old paramour of his, she also gave the eulogy at his funeral, per request of his wife at that time. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Shame he died so young at 48,. handsome man, for sure. 

When ME TV had this on a few years ago at midnight on Sun nights I would stay up just to see it. There were a few good ones with Suzanne Pleshette, an old paramour of his, she also gave the eulogy at his funeral, per request of his wife at that time. 

@Shelbelle  I did too!  I always watched it then.  Midnight was do-able; 2:00 a.m. not so much.  Smiley Sad