Trusted Contributor

Re: ANOTHER CHANNEL OFFERS RETRO COMEDY

@Oznell

If you watch any of the cooking or travel shows on JLTV, be sure to let those of us who don’t get the channel what they are like.  

Honored Contributor

Oh, OK, I definitely will, @trenet.   Israel is one of my favorite countries of all time, and am very interested in the food, style, etc.  I'm hoping to find some discussion shows with formidable Israeli intellectuals tackling all sorts of topics-- that will be fun!

Trusted Contributor

@Oznell

So many shows of the 60’s and 70’s, I never realized were in   Colour!  My parents didn’t have a colour set when I got married in June 1971 and I didn’t get a colour set until 1982!  

Trusted Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Oh, OK, I definitely will, @trenet.   Israel is one of my favorite countries of all time, and am very interested in the food, style, etc.  I'm hoping to find some discussion shows with formidable Israeli intellectuals tackling all sorts of topics-- that will be fun!

Thanks, @Oznell. I need to contact my my cable company and try to get JLTV.  

You might enjoy a cookbook by Joan Nathan “The Foods of Israel Today”.  I haven’t cooked much from it but, the Eretz Israel Cake with Orange, Dates & Marzipan is uncontrollably delicious!  

Honored Contributor

Oh, that cake sounds to die for!

Honored Contributor

A note to musical theater fans--  JLTV also offers something right now Sunday evening at 7:00 p.m. Eastern called  "Jewish Broadway".  It's a program on the Golden Age of Yiddish/Broadway musical theater.

They just finished showing a long clip of Bob Hope in a duet singing "Thanks, for the Memory".   There's so little on TV about classic Broadway, the history and above all, the fabulous composer/lyricists, like Rodgers and Hart,  Rodgers and Hammerstein, Cole Porter, Gershwin and on and on.

I can't tell if it is a special, or if it is a series program;  in any event, it is great fun and a novelty.  Now they are discussing another of my favorites from the period, the great Harold Arlen and "Somewhere Over the Rainbow".