Respected Contributor

Re: AMY SCHUMER COOKING SHOW

No surprise. It was even mentioned in another post here.  Some people suggested how dare people say it won't be serious 😂 I guess those people don't know much of her and what she does. 

Contributor

I don't mind her.  She had a show a Comedy Central that I thought was funny-I recorded her cooking show and still need to watch it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Nancy Drew 

I guess no surprise.

I suppose I am hopelessly out of date, and abhor this kind of behavior.  Sometimes, I feel I am the last person on earth that dislkes such things.

I'd rather watch paint dry than what passes for "funny" by the likes of this type of comedian.

Since I know my tolerances, I simply don't tune in.

Even the promo for it was annoying.

I don't get it and never will.

Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Nancy Drew 

I guess no surprise.

I suppose I am hopelessly out of date, and abhor this kind of behavior.  Sometimes, I feel I am the last person on earth that dislkes such things.

I'd rather watch paint dry than what passes for "funny" by the likes of this type of comedian.

Since I know my tolerances, I simply don't tune in.

Even the promo for it was annoying.

I don't get it and never will.

No, Witchy Woman, you are not alone!

Valued Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I love Amy and her humor, and I'm really enjoying her show.

I reached my max with the jokes about female parts a long time ago.  But, I guess for some it never gets old.  Cat Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I can’t stand her!!!!! ... I don’t understand why people think she is funny...🥵🥵

Honored Contributor

@germanshepherdlove wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I love Amy and her humor, and I'm really enjoying her show.

I reached my max with the jokes about female parts a long time ago.  But, I guess for some it never gets old.  Cat Very Happy

@germanshepherdlove  Just as you don't understand how anyone can find her funny, I can't understand how you don't. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@Nancy Drew  I've never seen her, but that sounds like a recipe for a failed TV show. 

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Amy Schumer is an acquired taste, you really have to work at it.  Personally I watch cooking shows where I can really learn something.  That is most of them, even those billed as entertainment.  Her show I will skip.

I saw a bit of the show and I like her husband.  He is serious about his cooking and I think I would learn from him.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

I randomly tuned in, not being familiar with this person, and was....appalled.  Crass, distasteful personality.  Spitting food out of her mouth numerous times, and telling us that something her husband was making looked like poop.    

@Nancy Drew Just a heads up this has been my poster name for 20 years. Might be some confusion. I saw that you are anew poster and might not realize how close our names are. Welcome to the boards.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.