Honored Contributor

Re: AMERICAN IDOL RETURNS ON 2/14/21

@Jordan2 wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

I recorded it and haven't watched it yet.  I am very disappointed to read that Murphy didn't go through.  I liked him.

@NickNack Sorry I spilled the beans.

@Jordan2   That's okay.  I knew I would read spoilers when I opened the thread.  It doesn't ruin the show for me at all.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think American Idol has in past seasons occasionally done a wild card; pretty sure Clay Aiken was one.  Does anybody else think Murphy looks a lot like Lionel Richie?

Esteemed Contributor

Murphy's elimination made 'traditional' news outlets as well!

https://www.aol.com/entertainment/heartbreaking-goodbye-american-idol-wanted-020618407.html

Honored Contributor

I hope the judges see the error of their ways and can somehow bring Murphy back to the show. They must be following all the negative comments that are being thrown their way.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't watched American Idol for several seasons.   Really could not stand the way Katy behaved...but...I was clicking thru channels and landed on the show last week.  I was so surprised at her subdued demeanor. I watched the next couple of shows.  I hope this  behavior change is going to stay and not just for the first couple of weeks.

I do think many of the singers sound alike and are singing in the same style.  I do like Willie more than others.  His voice is clear and pleasing to the ear.  I hope he goes far.

Honored Contributor

I wish the judges would stop pretending that a contestant is going home and then "surprising" them that they are going through and are one of the top 24. They are doing it everytime. Its not funny or fun to watch over and over.And not fair to the singers.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

i am REALLY enjoying the singers this year. yes, there have been a few that i have been disappointed didnt make it (murphy included!) i am still learning the names, but my early favorites are willie, hunter, beane, chayce, and grace. LOTS of talent.....i think it is going to be a good season.

i even like the judges.....all three of them. bobby bones is growing on me.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't believe! they just let Drake go

the country guy with the high red hair!

I thought he was so good!!

My favorite and he really stood out from all of them to me. 

I just don't get it.

So many they let thru and I think,wow, there were others that were better.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I wish the judges would stop pretending that a contestant is going home and then "surprising" them that they are going through and are one of the top 24. They are doing it everytime. Its not funny or fun to watch over and over.And not fair to the singers.

---------------

I so agree!!!  Seems so cruel...just shock value for show's entertainment,  but I don't like it!!

Honored Contributor

Can’t stand him and still can’t figure out why he won DWTS and now is a “ mentor” on AI. If the new season is just more remote singing from their living rooms, I will pass. Maybe they should wait till it can be done in person. The show was great it’s first few seasons, but it has become more about the drama surrounding the contestants than about any actual singing talent.