Esteemed Contributor

Re: AMERICAN IDOL RETURNS ON 2/14/21

@TurnerGal wrote:

There is another interesting change this season,  not sure how I feel about it.  At some point in the next few weeks they will allow some of the top 12 from last year to sing on one night.  I guess we will vote and one of those people will be allowed back in the competition to compete with this season's top 10.

I hate that.  I don't think it's fair to this group.  I do like it better hearing that it is one night; I thought they were letting them join in the competition for the duration.

Honored Contributor

I am so disappointed to hear that Wyatt dropped out.  He was my pick to win.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@NickNack I am watching the show now as I watched The Voice last night. I loved Wyatt Pike he was a favorite of mine. I haven't read the other posts, does anyone know why he dropped out? I looked online, but it is a mystery as to why Wyatt is no longer on the show.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@NickNack I am watching the show now as I watched The Voice last night. I loved Wyatt Pike he was a favorite of mine. I haven't read the other posts, does anyone know why he dropped out? I looked online, but it is a mystery as to why Wyatt is no longer on the show.

@Jordan2   What I read just said that he dropped out due to personal reasons.  He seemed so happy to be there that I don't understand what could have happened.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Chayce is my eye-candy, don't send him home! Willie is so sincere and emotional and just good. Alysa Wray is so good, too. Just a happy person and fun to watch.

Respected Contributor

I am so glad they saved Beane.  He's a favorite along with Willie and Ava August.

I wish Casey didn't go through; just can't get into her at all.

Not at all surprised the judges saved Madison after her comments.

Honored Contributor

I do not care for Paula Abdul as a judge.  She comes off as trying too hard to be SO NICE. Too nice with her input on each singer.... Yes I know she does not want to dash anyone's hopes and dreams, but constructive criticism is OK and actually will help a singer do better rather than blanket  meaningless compliments

Esteemed Contributor

I really liked Graham's gravely voice, but knew that he did not have it/stage presence to continue on.  I am glad that Willie is still hanging in the top group.

I thought that so many of the Monday night song choices were not the best for those singers.  Don't know who selects the songs, but several just did not come across as well as before. 

Esteemed Contributor

@10sluvr wrote:

Chayce is my eye-candy, don't send him home! Willie is so sincere and emotional and just good. Alysa Wray is so good, too. Just a happy person and fun to watch.

@10sluvr I agree abut Chayce. Woman Happy And that voice!! I love a gravely sounding tone.

Honored Contributor

overall, i was pretty happy with the top 9 chosen last night. i think there were a lot of strong, powerful voices and really enjoyed all of the singers.......some more than others. my favorites are still there. wasnt an ava fan. probably would have rather had madison go through instead of cassandra.

grace is my favorite female.

willie is my favorite male.

i teared up just a little when hunter sang......it was beautiful.

overall a great night for listening.

the "twist" tonight is strange, but i will be watching.

are they having a SAVE this season?

https://tvline.com/2021/04/18/american-idol-results-top-9-season-19-ava-august-eliminated/

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein