Honored Contributor

Re: AMERICAN IDOL RETURNS ON 2/14/21

8pm et tonight.......who is watching?

again, lots of great talent and some good backstories.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

How could they send Murphy home? He sang an original song, it was beautiful. He is just a happy soul and has overcome what life has thrown at him, the judges made a mistake. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

How could they send Murphy home? He sang an original song, it was beautiful. He is just a happy soul and has overcome what life has thrown at him, the judges made a mistake. 

@Jordan2 I  agree completely.  He was one of the performers I was watching from the very beginning - I remember so few of the names this early on! Most of the top 24 (so far) is so cookie cutter, too, Woman Frustrated 

Trusted Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2 I  agree completely.  He was one of the performers I was watching from the very beginning - I remember so few of the names this early on! Most of the top 24 (so far) is so cookie cutter, too, Woman Frustrated 

Yes add me to the list,  I really liked him.  I thought he had improved a lot since his audtion,  I am not sure why he wasn't let thru.  I still don't like Katy Perry,  she seems to be the boss and I am not sure they other two stand up to her.  I think there are several really good ones going thru.

Trusted Contributor

Also I just checked their Facebook page and there are over 3000 comments about how he should have gone thru,  they messed that one up.

Respected Contributor

i can't think of any rockers, this year. they are all indie, country or soul type singers. a lot of them sound the same.

Trusted Contributor

@10sluvr wrote:

i can't think of any rockers, this year. they are all indie, country or soul type singers. a lot of them sound the same.

I agree many of them sound the same.  I guess we will see tonight the other 12?

Honored Contributor

I don't recall, does American Idol do a wildcard where they invite someone back? If they do it should definitely be Murphy, I'll say it again, the judges made a huge mistake letting him go. 

Honored Contributor

I recorded it and haven't watched it yet.  I am very disappointed to read that Murphy didn't go through.  I liked him.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I recorded it and haven't watched it yet.  I am very disappointed to read that Murphy didn't go through.  I liked him.

@NickNack Sorry I spilled the beans.