Respected Contributor

AMERICAN IDOL RETURNS ON 2/14/21

My DVR automatically records shows I've watched in the past and AI is coming back on.

I might watch a few episodes since the past 2 years haven't been my favorites and doing it virtually isn't the same as it was mostly last year.  Plus Katy Perry isn't my favorite judge.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: AMERICAN IDOL RETURNS ON 2/14/21

[ Edited ]

Respected Contributor

The last two years (with Katy Perry) is not the same A.I. from years past.  She ruins the show as her focus is on herself, her clothes, and antics.  The whole experience of contestants performing live on stage is what the show was about, not virtual singing in contestant's living rooms with a bright light in front of them.

Respected Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

The last two years (with Katy Perry) is not the same A.I. from years past.  She ruins the show as her focus is on herself, her clothes, and antics.  The whole experience of contestants performing live on stage is what the show was about, not virtual singing in contestant's living rooms with a bright light in front of them.

@seaBreeze 

Couldn't have said it better myself.  You hit the nail on the head. 

Honored Contributor

so happy it is starting back up again!

i like all three judges.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I have ZERO interest in American Idol.  I have not watched it in years and think it has run its course, same with Dancing with the Stars.  So glad there are better things to watch on Netflix.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Is Bobby Bones a new judge?

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched this show in years.  

My eyes will be glued to "Men in Kilts" on the 14th.  Looking forward to this one!! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Is Bobby Bones a new judge?

@CANDLEQUEEN 

he is a mentor.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I know I made a big deal of this show returning, but decided not to watch it for some reason.  I think I'm burned out from watching it for so long especially since it's all virtual now and it's not the same.  I should have FF when Kelly Ann Conway's daughter was on there and when Kelly Ann Conway made a cameo appearance. Why am I not surprised.

Anyone else watching?  Just curious.