Esteemed Contributor

@Houstonoilers wrote:

It seemed like there was an "edge" between Katy Perry and Grace Kinstler.  She sang "happy"originally by Pharrell Williams.  Apparently, last week Katy had indicated that Grace needed to define who she was and that seemed to translate into ballad singing.

In her comments, Katy indicated  once again that she needed to define who she was as a singer.

I loved her performance.  For myself, I am very bored with the constant ballad choices by the contestants.  

THe other judges were more complimentary and she did make it into the finals.

@Houstonoilers  Katy is very inconsistent with her comments to Grace- she'll say one thing one week,  and Grace will go with it. But then Katy contradicts herself with her new performance! I'm a Katy fan too- it jsut gets me maxing my votes for Grace!

Esteemed Contributor

My favorites are still Willie and Casey!  I don't think Caleb has a chance to win.  Nice voice, but he doesn't have much personality on stage,   I think Alyssa is too 'performed'.  Nice voice too, but way over too over the top!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

I haven't watched last night's show yet.  I just got caught up on the previous two shows.   Does anybody else think Alyssa Wray is way too theatrical in her singing?  So exagerated in her facial expressions and her voice.  Good voice and she would be perfect in a Broadway-type setting but I don't think she works here.  For last night's show I will have to look away from the TV and just listen.

@Wsmom  She's soooo over the top theatrical! Simon would refer to it as 'cabaret'. Even with Broadway,the enthusiasm/expressions  need to be more natural to be effective.

Honored Contributor

I can't believe Alyssa Wray was voted out, I think she couldn't believe it either.

Esteemed Contributor

Alyssa Wray has talent no doubt about it. I didn't think that song was a good fit tho. But Jennifer Hudson came in 7th and actually did way, way better than the winners. She will have a good career and we will see her again.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

There is something about Willie's singing...I tear up every time I hear him!!   Hope he goes all the way...though he needs a bit more obvious personality! 

Can't see Caleb staying and Deshawn leaving.  Caleb has a nice voice, but definitely not ready for on stage role. 

Was surprised that Arthur Gunn was saved!!  There were better singers that had to leave!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: AMERICAN IDOL NEWS

[ Edited ]

@corita wrote:

There is something about Willie's singing...I tear up every time I hear him!!   Hope he goes all the way...though he needs a bit more obvious personality! 

Can't see Caleb staying and Deshawn leaving.  Caleb has a nice voice, but definitely not ready for on stage role. 

Was surprised that Arthur Gunn was saved!!  There were better singers that had to leave!

@corita The whole 'bring back people from last season' was a terrible idea. Of course Arthur would be saved, he came in 2nd place last season!

Respected Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@corita wrote:

@corita The whole 'bring back people from last season' was a terrible idea. Of course Arthur would be saved, he came in 2nd place last season!

@Ibby114, I agree about bringing back some of them from the last season.  IMO, it was a stupid idea. 

After the last episode, I have found myself not much interested anymore since Beane, Ava and Deshawn went home.  I am not a big fan of Casey nor Grace.  Willie is the only one left I have a bit of interest in.

It also seems that all 3 judges say the same thing over each week rather than giving any advice. 

Valued Contributor

There was a lot of good talent this year and thankfully the show gives them exposure.  But the best does not always win and at times the winner does poorly out in the real world.  I wish them all a chart buster!

Esteemed Contributor

Grace, WIllie and Chayce are my remaining favorites. In that order!