Esteemed Contributor

Re: AMERICAN IDOL NEWS

[ Edited ]

@Nancy Drew wrote:

I admit it, I am dying to know why Wyatt left. Anxiety about performing is one rumor.

@Nancy Drew My understanding is that the contestants need to quarantine in LA during their stay on the show, and he chose to go home to Utah.

Trusted Contributor

Wow I was really surprised who went home.  One especially,.  I really liked her and thought she did a great job tonight. I didn't realized the voting closed tonight and didn't vote,

Valued Contributor

It seemed like there was an "edge" between Katy Perry and Grace Kinstler.  She sang "happy"originally by Pharrell Williams.  Apparently, last week Katy had indicated that Grace needed to define who she was and that seemed to translate into ballad singing.

In her comments, Katy indicated  once again that she needed to define who she was as a singer.

I loved her performance.  For myself, I am very bored with the constant ballad choices by the contestants.  

THe other judges were more complimentary and she did make it into the finals.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I haven't watched last night's show yet.  I just got caught up on the previous two shows.   Does anybody else think Alyssa Wray is way too theatrical in her singing?  So exagerated in her facial expressions and her voice.  Good voice and she would be perfect in a Broadway-type setting but I don't think she works here.  For last night's show I will have to look away from the TV and just listen.

Honored Contributor

I'm surprised that 15 year old Ava Agust didn't move on to the top 10. I think she is very talented and deserved to be there. I also like Beane, but there are some that wouldn't vote for him.

Respected Contributor

Last night's ending really was disappointing for both DH and me.

We were pulling for Ava and Beane to go through.  I was hoping Casey (I think that's her name, the girl with very long wavy hair) would be sent home. 

IMO, rather than bring back 10 contestants from last year, I feel they should've given the 3 of them that were sent packing to allow them one more chance to sign again.  It was interesting though, that the 2 the judges saved were sent home. 

At this point, I'm not "wowed" by any of them.  I do like Willie and Caleb, but not nearly as much as Ava and Beane.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I'm surprised that 15 year old Ava Agust didn't move on to the top 10. I think she is very talented and deserved to be there. I also like Beane, but there are some that wouldn't vote for him.

@Jordan2   I'm watching this right now, and Ava just sang.  She was my favorite at this point.  I'm so disappointed that she went home.  I think she could still have a good career.

I opened this knowing there would be spoilers, so this in no way ruined the show for me.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I've been unimpressed with the token rocker, Casey, until last nights performance. My original thought was she'll get her talent under control in a couple of years but for now she's trying to hard; it's a bit forced. Then she took a classic and sang it beautifully!

I've been watching the performances after the fact and my faves are Deshawn and Willie. I probably wouldn't be interested in an album by either but their voices are beautiful!!

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack Thanks for the answer. Just checked back here and saw it. I watched a few episodes and noticed he is back. Glad all is well.

Respected Contributor

@Houstonoilers wrote:

It seemed like there was an "edge" between Katy Perry and Grace Kinstler.  She sang "happy"originally by Pharrell Williams.  Apparently, last week Katy had indicated that Grace needed to define who she was and that seemed to translate into ballad singing.

In her comments, Katy indicated  once again that she needed to define who she was as a singer.

I loved her performance.  For myself, I am very bored with the constant ballad choices by the contestants.  

THe other judges were more complimentary and she did make it into the finals.

grace almost seems angry. she smiles but it doesn't feel real. Maybe she just doesn't take criticism, well. I, too am over all the ballads. they need to pick lively songs that will show more personality.

i like alysa wray and willie and chayce. calab may have a radio voice, but not a personality for on stage preferences.