Honored Contributor

Luke Bryan, my favorite country artist and judge on American Idol was diagnosed with Covid and off the show. He was not on Sunday night's Live Show. Paula Abdul is taking his place. Hoping for a speedy recovery and return to the show.

Respected Contributor

Aw. I like him a lot too. I hope he fairs ok with this...shows it's still out there, we still need to be safe. Luke adds such fun and humor to AI...and I love his music too.

I actually like this panel pretty much. I was never a Katy Perry fan and she can be silly, yet she can also give good, clear advice so I've come to appreciate her.

Lionel I love on the show...he's kind, he's really into it and you can tell he's enjoying himself on the show...and he's such a talent. He adds the old school advice. Love him.

This panel of judges has good chemistry together.

I haven't caught this week's episodes yet On Demand, so I haven't seen Paula yet.

I wondered why that other guy from Utah I heard dropped out too?

I know I digressed from your original topic...but I figured I could AI chat since you seem to be a fan. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@amyb   I think his name was Wyatt. I googled him/AL after the show and no reason was given. Before that announcement, Ryan did make a point about the strict Covid restrictions on set, so maybe he broke the rules.

There was a wonderful opera singer (Kelly's team) on The Voice last season who had to leave because he didn't follow the strict Covid rules. 

Esteemed Contributor

I admit it, I am dying to know why Wyatt left. Anxiety about performing is one rumor.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Trusted Contributor

I've been curious why Lionel Richie is in a remote location. I missed if it was explained. I'm a little behind on my watching, so he may be back by now.

Respected Contributor

@Renata22 wrote:

I've been curious why Lionel Richie is in a remote location. I missed if it was explained. I'm a little behind on my watching, so he may be back by now.

He was back. I really like him and his advise. I like Paula, in general, she just rambles on, too much, then the others have no time to comment.

Honored Contributor

@Renata22 wrote:

@Renata22   Lionel is back now.  He was exposed to someone who tested positive for Covid and had to quarantine.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: AMERICAN IDOL NEWS

[ Edited ]

Luke is also my favorite judge, although we haven’t really watched much this season. Hope he is feeling fine and rebounds quickly.  I can’t imagine Paula Abdul and Katy Perry sitting at the same table. Lionel may need to sit between them. I am not caught up on everything on AI so far, but would love to see a contestant I could root for...so far....meh.

Honored Contributor
I really like hearing Lionel give pointers and critiques to the contestants....he is always positive and encouraging, no matter how little talent the contestant see,s to show.
Honored Contributor

I am liking American Idol better than the Voice this season though I watch them both.