Honored Contributor

Re: AMERICAN IDOL Finale 5/19

@kitcat1
If you can find Madison’s Alecia Keys song, I think that will show why.
At the GI checkup now; will send links when I get home.
I have other thoughts about her seemingly drastic change, but will notify you with it just as soon as i get home!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

In my opinion Alejandro, Dimitri and Jeremiah should have been the top three.  However, I'm glad Alejandro didn't win.  He was the most talented, but AI would have tried to mold him into their version of an Idol and not who he is.  

I think they will be able to help Laine's career.  He was never one of my favorites, but his You Tube videos are good--much better than he was on AI.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

i think Alejandro has Asbergers (a form of genius autism).

it looks classic to me; his genius appears to be in one specific area (music).

his ability to demonstrate outward expression is zero mostly.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@LTT1  I am so glad someone else noticed Madison's off key singing or should I say yelling.  How did she make top 3??????

@Katcat1   This is how. @LTT1  https://www.facebook.com/AmericanIdol/videos/madison-vandenburg-sings-alicia-keys-fallin-top-14-amer...

Honored Contributor

I really don't think Alejandro wanted to be the American Idol. He marches to the beat of his own drum, Laine is much better suited to be molded into what an idol should be. I'll bet the three of them get record contracts, losing American Idol didn't hurt Jennifer Hudson and Adam Lambert's careers. Also it was very obvious during the home town package they didn't show Alejandro's family ( just a niece and nephew) or the home he grew up in. To have a niece and nephew he must have a sibling, where were they?

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@LTT1  I am so glad someone else noticed Madison's off key singing or should I say yelling.  How did she make top 3??????

@Katcat1 @LTT1 , please allow me to pull up a seat with both of you regarding Madison's pitchiness/off key.

At first, I liked her (not loved), but felt she should be in the top 20.  However, my mind started to change throughout the season after listening to her screaming, etc.

The problem is this show has gotten like the Voice - the judges don't give any critiques; even when a singer is pitchy, etc., they all say "great job".  It's ridiculous and I remember Katy saying she was the next Kelly Clarkson.  I cringed when she sang Break Away last night along with the other song.

My favoritie singer was sent home when the judges chose Laci over Jeremiah.  When Luke sang with her last night, it appeared he has a crush on her, but maybe that's me.  I really think she was his favorite for various reasons.

Honored Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Katcat1 @LTT1 , please allow me to pull up a seat with both of you regarding Madison's pitchiness/off key.

At first, I liked her (not loved), but felt she should be in the top 20.  However, my mind started to change throughout the season after listening to her screaming, etc.

The problem is this show has gotten like the Voice - the judges don't give any critiques; even when a singer is pitchy, etc., they all say "great job".  It's ridiculous and I remember Katy saying she was the next Kelly Clarkson.  I cringed when she sang Break Away last night along with the other song.

My favoritie singer was sent home when the judges chose Laci over Jeremiah.  When Luke sang with her last night, it appeared he has a crush on her, but maybe that's me.  I really think she was his favorite for various reasons.

I also was hoping Jeremiah was going to make it to the finale. I do like Madison, but I hate when judges compare contestants to well known artists. We have a Kelly Clarkson, just let Madison be Madison.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 @HisElk1 @Jordan2 @mousiegirl @NickNack 

I really think something happened with Madison.

Perhaps Pat Benatar offered her a contract?

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Katcat1 @HisElk1 @Jordan2 @mousiegirl @NickNack 

I really think something happened with Madison.

Perhaps Pat Benatar offered her a contract?

@LTT1   Madison's performance with Pat Benatar was her best IMO.  She really held her own.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 

https://youtu.be/QyjSUOEziWQ