Respected Contributor

Re: AMERICAN IDOL Finale 5/19

I thought Jeremiah's duet with Katy was great!!  If I had to predict, I'd say the winner will be Laine -- that's traditionally who the young girls would vote for -- although I don't think he's the best of the group.  Then again, was Kris Allen or some of the other past winners??  Jennifer Hudson didn't even make it to the top 2!

Honored Contributor

i thought that the final two were right.......and either could win.

i gave one extra vote to the person i thought should be the winner and that singer won.

hope that they and some of my other favorites go forth and make beautiful music!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Does anybody know what the audience was chanting when the last two contestants were singing?  Luke made a comment that we should listen to them voicing their opinion.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I fell asleep and don't know who won but I like Laine best.  He has the best voice and is more of a showman also.  Alejandro's music is too low key and all sounds the same and is just not for me!!   I know I would fall asleep if I had to listen to his music for more than one song! He has no charisma at all to make him sustainable in the business!  Laine has proven he has what it takes.

Valued Contributor

THANK GOD ALEXJANDRO DIDNOT WIN.HATED HIM FROM DAY 1.....

Respected Contributor

No particular favorte, although I'm in Louisiana.  What I don't quite undrstand is that I thought this was a "singing" contest, not a contest to see who is multi-talented.  I agree that AA is extremely talented, but seems to me that his abilities lie in many areas of the music industry -  not in singing alone.  Didn't care for his singing voice at all, and didn't expect him to win.  

I did tune in about a third of the way through the broadcast. I didn't know what happened to Madison.  Was she eliminated early in the show? Just curious.  Thought there were three finalists. Anyone know?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Perkup 

It was a surprise to us too!

About an hour in, votes were apparently “tallied” and Madison was eliminated as a possible winner.

@Katcat1 @Perkup @heart of savino @Pook @fortune 

Madison only needed to perfect her onstage presence so nerves wouldn’t get the better of her. I understand this.

Truthfull, she has been so off-key in the last three episodes.

In the finale, Alejandro’s song is “Ten YEArs” and it is so beautiful! What I’d like to know is this: did he arrange it with orchestra? The orchestra part fills it out and is just GENIUS.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@fortune wrote:

Does anybody know what the audience was chanting when the last two contestants were singing?  Luke made a comment that we should listen to them voicing their opinion.

They were chanting Homie, Homie, Homie.  That is what they call Alejandro.  

Honored Contributor

@heart of savino wrote:

THANK GOD ALEXJANDRO DIDNOT WIN.HATED HIM FROM DAY 1.....

he sure had no charisma or personality... could hardly pop a smile... looked so bord the entire show.  No wonder he lost.

Esteemed Contributor

The right person won. Laine at least has a chance to be marketable if they do right by him. They need to send him to Nashville and get him writing with the best songwriters. His duet with John Pardi was so good. He sounded authentic when singing a current country song.