Honored Contributor

Re: AMERICAN IDOL Finale 5/19

@SWEET wrote:

@ccassaday wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

I thought Alejandro should have won.  He's creative, writes his own songs, and has a soulful voice.  The song he did 10 Years with the orchestra was beautifully arranged and loved that everyone was wearing a hat just like his. 

Laine to me is good but on a different scale as Alejandro.  Knew that Madison would be the first one to go.

Not sure who mentioned that Alejandro might be on the spectrum of high functioning asperger's but you might be right.  I thought he was just on the shy side but I could tell he was relieved that the pressure was off him when he was singing with the rest with Laine.  Speaking of which, how did he sing a song he wrote so fast when he never did originals before? 

It was great seeing all of the other singers (I think they were the top 10) and still love Uche and Demetrius.  I still think that Jeremiah should have been in the finals.  He was one of my favorites.  Speaking of top 10, was Shay one of them?  That song she did w/Andra Day was beautiful.]

Loved seeing the 3 in their hometown with all their fans.  Just wondering if Madison has a mother since they never show her or anything.  Same with Alejandro.  Glad his niece and nephew were there to support him though.

Another year in the books and I thought that this year was so much better.  Was never a fan of Maddie Poppe. 

Laine didn’t write his winner song. Those are just given to the contestants. Apparently all three recorded the same song if they win. I don’t don’t know how AA would of done that song though. It is basically te cheesy winners songs they have always done. But Laine did make it a BOP.

@ccassaday, thanks.  I didn't realize that.  B.O.P.?

@SWEET   @ccassaday   I don't know what BOP means either.  I Googled it and didn't get an answer.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

@ccassaday wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

I thought Alejandro should have won.  He's creative, writes his own songs, and has a soulful voice.  The song he did 10 Years with the orchestra was beautifully arranged and loved that everyone was wearing a hat just like his. 

Laine to me is good but on a different scale as Alejandro.  Knew that Madison would be the first one to go.

Not sure who mentioned that Alejandro might be on the spectrum of high functioning asperger's but you might be right.  I thought he was just on the shy side but I could tell he was relieved that the pressure was off him when he was singing with the rest with Laine.  Speaking of which, how did he sing a song he wrote so fast when he never did originals before? 

It was great seeing all of the other singers (I think they were the top 10) and still love Uche and Demetrius.  I still think that Jeremiah should have been in the finals.  He was one of my favorites.  Speaking of top 10, was Shay one of them?  That song she did w/Andra Day was beautiful.]

Loved seeing the 3 in their hometown with all their fans.  Just wondering if Madison has a mother since they never show her or anything.  Same with Alejandro.  Glad his niece and nephew were there to support him though.

Another year in the books and I thought that this year was so much better.  Was never a fan of Maddie Poppe. 

Laine didn’t write his winner song. Those are just given to the contestants. Apparently all three recorded the same song if they win. I don’t don’t know how AA would of done that song though. It is basically te cheesy winners songs they have always done. But Laine did make it a BOP.

@ccassaday, thanks.  I didn't realize that.  B.O.P.?

@SWEET   @ccassaday   I don't know what BOP means either.  I Googled it and didn't get an answer.

It means it’s just a fun sing along song. 

Honored Contributor

Okay, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a concert tour after AI ended with the top 10 or 12 every season? I don't think I heard Ryan say they'll be touring this summer, maybe the ratings are way down and they think there is no interest in a tour.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Okay, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a concert tour after AI ended with the top 10 or 12 every season? I don't think I heard Ryan say they'll be touring this summer, maybe the ratings are way down and they think there is no interest in a tour.

@Jordan2   You're right.  He didn't mention it.  I saw the tour the year that Lee (can't think of his last name) won.  It was the only year they came to my town.  I enjoyed it, but it wasn't the best year talent wise.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

There is no tour. Probably because of how expensive it is to do. Last year they did small venues with no band. Cade and Caleb played guitar for almost all of them or they had backing tracks. I liked how they did it. Wasn’t big production but a intimate setting. I do like with no tour they can start their careers right away. I won’t be shocked if Laine has a album ready by thanksgiving. Carrie has hers done very quick after idol.