Respected Contributor

Re: AMERICAN IDOL Finale 5/19

Both of them were supposed to be on both!  

Respected Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@fortune wrote:

Does anybody know what the audience was chanting when the last two contestants were singing?  Luke made a comment that we should listen to them voicing their opinion.

They were chanting Homie, Homie, Homie.  That is what they call Alejandro.  

@Shawnie 

If he had so many fans, I'm surprised he lost!  Thanks for answering my post!!

Trusted Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

No particular favorte, although I'm in Louisiana.  What I don't quite undrstand is that I thought this was a "singing" contest, not a contest to see who is multi-talented.  I agree that AA is extremely talented, but seems to me that his abilities lie in many areas of the music industry -  not in singing alone.  Didn't care for his singing voice at all, and didn't expect him to win.  

I did tune in about a third of the way through the broadcast. I didn't know what happened to Madison.  Was she eliminated early in the show? Just curious.  Thought there were three finalists. Anyone know?

AGREE AGREE AGREE!!

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@LTT1  I am so glad someone else noticed Madison's off key singing or should I say yelling.  How did she make top 3??????

@Katcat1   This is how. @LTT1  https://www.facebook.com/AmericanIdol/videos/madison-vandenburg-sings-alicia-keys-fallin-top-14-amer...

TOTALLY agree-she has the best voice-just needs a couple more years to learn how to harness that great voice and those pesky nerves!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IamMrsG wrote:
If the name of the show had been American Talent, then Alejandro should have won.  He might be a musical genius, time will tell of his gifts, but he is not a singer and never connected with his audience.  IMHO, the only thing Madison had going for her was volume, but she’s too loud for my taste.  I’d rather listen to singing than bellowing. 

Of the last three contestants, Laine was the only one who could fit the bill of American Idol.  He has the talent, personality, looks, and stage presence to establish a loyal fan base.  I do agree, though, that his natural genre is more bluesy than pop.  Additionally, the judges made a big issue of Madison’s talent level at only 17 years of age, but I read this morning that Laine is just 18.  Maybe that is why Katy said he'll be a super star in five years--allowing him time to 'ripen.'  

Personally, I think Jeremiah, Dimitri and Uche were the top singers and/or best performers this season.  All three were eliminated, so what do I know? Woman LOL  

Or "An American Songwriter"

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought Alejandro should have won.  He's creative, writes his own songs, and has a soulful voice.  The song he did 10 Years with the orchestra was beautifully arranged and loved that everyone was wearing a hat just like his. 

Laine to me is good but on a different scale as Alejandro.  Knew that Madison would be the first one to go.

Not sure who mentioned that Alejandro might be on the spectrum of high functioning asperger's but you might be right.  I thought he was just on the shy side but I could tell he was relieved that the pressure was off him when he was singing with the rest with Laine.  Speaking of which, how did he sing a song he wrote so fast when he never did originals before? 

It was great seeing all of the other singers (I think they were the top 10) and still love Uche and Demetrius.  I still think that Jeremiah should have been in the finals.  He was one of my favorites.  Speaking of top 10, was Shay one of them?  That song she did w/Andra Day was beautiful.]

Loved seeing the 3 in their hometown with all their fans.  Just wondering if Madison has a mother since they never show her or anything.  Same with Alejandro.  Glad his niece and nephew were there to support him though.

Another year in the books and I thought that this year was so much better.  Was never a fan of Maddie Poppe. 

Valued Contributor

Thank god  ALEJANDRO  lost.T he finals should of been  LAINE DEMIRTUS and JERAMIAH.

Please get rid of the judges.L ionel says the same thing every time thinks hes gods gift to the world. luke brings nothing.Kathy please dont get me started on this annoying idiot.

Esteemed Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

I thought Alejandro should have won.  He's creative, writes his own songs, and has a soulful voice.  The song he did 10 Years with the orchestra was beautifully arranged and loved that everyone was wearing a hat just like his. 

Laine to me is good but on a different scale as Alejandro.  Knew that Madison would be the first one to go.

Not sure who mentioned that Alejandro might be on the spectrum of high functioning asperger's but you might be right.  I thought he was just on the shy side but I could tell he was relieved that the pressure was off him when he was singing with the rest with Laine.  Speaking of which, how did he sing a song he wrote so fast when he never did originals before? 

It was great seeing all of the other singers (I think they were the top 10) and still love Uche and Demetrius.  I still think that Jeremiah should have been in the finals.  He was one of my favorites.  Speaking of top 10, was Shay one of them?  That song she did w/Andra Day was beautiful.]

Loved seeing the 3 in their hometown with all their fans.  Just wondering if Madison has a mother since they never show her or anything.  Same with Alejandro.  Glad his niece and nephew were there to support him though.

Another year in the books and I thought that this year was so much better.  Was never a fan of Maddie Poppe. 

Laine didn’t write his winner song. Those are just given to the contestants. Apparently all three recorded the same song if they win. I don’t don’t know how AA would of done that song though. It is basically te cheesy winners songs they have always done. But Laine did make it a BOP.

Respected Contributor

On American Idol finales I always tune in the last 15 minutes.  Too much filler stuff going on.  This year's AI left me numb for some reason.  I guess it had to do with not having a favorite.  Didn't care who won.

Here's hoping to a more entertaining AI next season.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

Laine didn’t write his winner song. Those are just given to the contestants. Apparently all three recorded the same song if they win. I don’t don’t know how AA would of done that song though. It is basically te cheesy winners songs they have always done. But Laine did make it a BOP.

@ccassaday, thanks.  I didn't realize that.  B.O.P.?