Respected Contributor

Re: AMERICAN IDOL Finale 5/19

If the name of the show had been American Talent, then Alejandro should have won.  He might be a musical genius, time will tell of his gifts, but he is not a singer and never connected with his audience.  IMHO, the only thing Madison had going for her was volume, but she’s too loud for my taste.  I’d rather listen to singing than bellowing. 

Of the last three contestants, Laine was the only one who could fit the bill of American Idol.  He has the talent, personality, looks, and stage presence to establish a loyal fan base.  I do agree, though, that his natural genre is more bluesy than pop.  Additionally, the judges made a big issue of Madison’s talent level at only 17 years of age, but I read this morning that Laine is just 18.  Maybe that is why Katy said he'll be a super star in five years--allowing him time to 'ripen.'  

Personally, I think Jeremiah, Dimitri and Uche were the top singers and/or best performers this season.  All three were eliminated, so what do I know? Woman LOL  
Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@LTT1   Hit Me With Your Best Shot keeps popping into my mind peridocally, and I sing it around the house, lol.

Respected Contributor

I'm just fine with Laine as AI......I think he does fit the role.  As for Alejandro, I understand why he wasn't chosen, but let me say if he came out with an album, I be the first to buy it.  I could listen to that guy sing and play the guitar and piano all day.

I was also very impressed with all the backup accompaniments.  They really helped bring all the contestants' performances to life.  Even the stage graphics were exceptional.  I even stayed up to 11:00pm to watch it, having to get up for work at 5:00am!

Laura loves cats!
Valued Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@SeaMaiden 

i think Alejandro has Asbergers (a form of genius autism).

it looks classic to me; his genius appears to be in one specific area (music).

his ability to demonstrate outward expression is zero mostly.

I think you could be on to something.  I knew a young man with Asbergers who did not like physical contact.  Did not like eye to eye contact.  I read on Facebook that he was boarding the private jet and changed his mind and decided to use a different form of transportation.  It does not matter, I love his music and guitar and piano playing.  He certainly looked happy that he didn't win, smiling and dancing in the background.  

Honored Contributor

I am on the West Coast so I checked on-line who won and decided not to watch.  

Esteemed Contributor

I am excited to see what Laine puts out and how he improves. It is kind of stunning that he has only been singing and performing for three years. There is so much untapped potential. I really do think he will be best and have the most success do country that has rock influences Very similar to what he sang with John Pardi.

Respected Contributor

@coconut1818 @Did he make it to the GMA show this morning??

Honored Contributor

If you go to Live with Kelly and Ryan's website, you can vote for one of the top ten idols to perform on Thursday's Live show. I voted for Jeremiah.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

If you go to Live with Kelly and Ryan's website, you can vote for one of the top ten idols to perform on Thursday's Live show. I voted for Jeremiah.

And you can vote as often as you want until tomorrow at 5 pm.  I voted for Jeremiah too.  

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@coconut1818 @Did he make it to the GMA show this morning??

@Shawnie   I thought Ryan said he was going to be on Live With Kelly and Ryan, not GMA.  Am I wrong?  I didn't see either one.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau