Respected Contributor

Re: AMERICAN HORROR STORY SEASON 8 BEGINS TONIGHT!

@Mz iMac

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

Don't you all think this was x-rated?  Thanks.

Nope!   I gather you don't watch the FX channel (which is considered cable) that often.  That station is known for "pushing the envelope.

My definition of x-rated apparently is different from yours. whistling.gif

@Mz iMac  You are right!  I don't watch FX too much and I didn't think the channel was considered cable.  Back in the "day" Ozzie & Harriot or Lucy & Desi wern't even allowed to be in the same bed, lol.  I did think the bedroom scene with the rubber suit guy was X rated.  Wonder what defines X rated?  Thanks again for your honest answer Mz.

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom

Wonder what defines X rated?  Thanks again for your honest answer Mz.

@Jackhound Mom

Ok, I did some research regarding AHS "sex & nudity" guide on the IMDb Parents Guide website & found the following....

S1- One Rape Scene, (Mild)

S2- Four Rape Scenes, (Graphic)

S3- Three Rape Scenes, (2- Mild, 1- Graphic)

S4- One Rape Scene, (Mild)

S5- One Rape Scene, (EXTREMELY GRAPHIC)

S6/S7- NO RAPE SCENES IN ROANOKE AND CULT.

American Horror Story has some sex scenes and references throughout and can include themes of rape, child molestation, and sexual violence, however, most action is only implied but contains occasional nudity throughout seasons.

Spoiler
Well the rubber man's sex scene in the 9/20 episode was NOT implied! Smiley Tongue

The full report can be found HERE

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wouldn't say the show is x-rated because they never show explicit scenes. They only show you suggestive (implicit) scenes.

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac  Thank you again!  You are so kind, thoughtful, and a whiz at giving correct answers!  I'm amazed at the talent you and so many posters have here in this forum Cat Very Happy

I will follow your link upon my next visit here.  Enjoy your weekend.

Trusted Contributor

I just watched the second episode. Wow! Can someone explain why Joan Collins character was in the rubber suit at the end? Obviously it wasn’t her in the scene with her grandson in the bedroom the first time. I’m confused! 

Honored Contributor

Rubber man is the evil, spiritual ghost from Season 1 and is the 'father' of Langdon, the long-haired guy who arrived at the Outpost.

Honored Contributor

@Lori Kaye wrote:

I just watched the second episode. Wow! Can someone explain why Joan Collins character was in the rubber suit at the end? Obviously it wasn’t her in the scene with her grandson in the bedroom the first time. I’m confused! 

@Lori Kaye  I didn't see that she was in the suit, but the filming is so dark.