Honored Contributor

Re: AMERICAN HORROR STORY SEASON 8 BEGINS TONIGHT!

[ Edited ]

I watched the premiere. It's creepy alright. I can't decide if I liked it or not. Will have to watch the next episode. Hoping to see Emma Roberts character(?). Did anyone recognize actor Cody Fern from the Assassination of Versace series? Cody played the murdered lover, David Madson in that series. He looks quite different with the long hair in AHS. Looks like he is playing the Antikhrist, the baby from a previous season of AHS, only all grown up.

Honored Contributor

I liked it, and I really enjoyed Joan Collins, pretty funny, and still looks great.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I liked this first episode, but with AHS it often seems that I don't give up until four or so episodes in.  We'll see.

I had to look up Joan Collins' age.  She's 85!  Yes, she certainly looks terrific.  

Respected Contributor

@Citrine1I had no idea JC was 85!!!  Thanks for the info, I need her doc Cat Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Well after last night I'm done with this show!  That thing in the rubber suit is way too violent and discusting for me!  I can't believe the bedroom scene would ever be on national TV.  Also the violent murder was just too much for me and if I had children or in my case grandchildren I would have to have some sort of block on this channel as I sure wouldn't want them to see this show.  I just don't want this in my head.  I'll miss Kathy Bates as she is one of my all time favorites Woman Sad

Esteemed Contributor

My daughter talked me into watching this show because I liked Horror movies.....these are just way too violent for me...

I watched last years.....Hotel and Roanoke and didn't like any of them...

She is trying to talk me into watching "Asylum" . She thinks that was the best one....

Respected Contributor

I need to rewatch the other seasons. I'm bad at connecting them. Strange show for sure, but I still watch.

Honored Contributor

From the looks of it, the character played by Kathy Bates is an android!

Frequent Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

My daughter talked me into watching this show because I liked Horror movies.....these are just way too violent for me...

I watched last years.....Hotel and Roanoke and didn't like any of them...

She is trying to talk me into watching "Asylum" . She thinks that was the best one....

If I may...

Season 1 - Murder House - great intro to series.

Season 2 - Asylum - good as well.

Season 3 - Coven - one of my favorites.

Season 4 - Freak Show - this one had me in stitches at times.  A really dark bent with this one.  My favorite thus far.

As this is a Ryan Murphy show, the series can go off the rails around epis 5-6.  
For this reason, I didn't finish Roanoke and skipped Hotel.    I'm so looking forward to seeing Apocalypse.  Happy viewing.

Respected Contributor

@thechedda, we must be related...  Freak Show was my favorite then Asylum...Murder House third. We have watched every season (suffered through some) except Hotel. We did not like the story line and quit.  And you are right...generally, the premise is always good, and then a few episodes in, it goes off the rails.