Honored Contributor

Re: AMERICA'S GOT TALENT 7/16/19

@heart of savino wrote:

This years talent is the worst ever.cant beleive the mentalist couple did not go thru.

i am rooting for the dog act.what the heck happened to the karaoke singer.he was very funny last time and this time he did nothing.this years crop puts me to sleep.

@heart of savino 

I think also that the entries with real talent were much less this year.  I am also routing for the beautiful dog act!  

I found this season to be much less interesting.  I miss Heid as a judge, also.  She added a lot.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I have noticed over the years that many of the golden buzzer acts are ones that would not be able to keep upping their game to stay in but someone took a liking to them and many are also ones with an often sad story in their past so nothing more than a pity vote to let them at least go to the end.   

Respected Contributor

The cheerleaders should not be in, the guy who sang (from the NY subway) should have moved on.

The guy who did kareoke the first week was HILARIOUS, but not his second audition.  The brothers and Dad were amazing too!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Trusted Contributor

I stopped watching this show awhile ago.  Seems if you have a sob story you don't even have to perform, you are going through talent or no talent.  

I would rather just see performances and skip all the back stories.  be rated on the performance alone.

Trusted Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 I agree about Heidi. We miss her and her glasses.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

I agree with the golden buzzer and the cheerleaders - there were others more deserving.

Also, I've watched every episode and don't remember seeing several of the acts, in particular the orange magician who did the quick change...

Hahaha, I kept thinking to myself that I was SURE I had seen every episode and wondering how I possibly missed some of these acts.  Glad to see others were in the same boat!  

Oh, those cheerleaders, ugh.  No way should they have gone through.  Too many of them and the act was boring.  (And I WAS a cheerleader, but even I didn't want to watch them. LOL)

Respected Contributor

I do not miss the judges Heidi Klum or Mel B.  I think Julianne Hough and Gabrielle Union are fine replacements.  I found Heidi to be especially annoying.  imo she added nothing but a nice outfit and jewelry every week.  Her comments were dull and the thing I hated most was when the act on stage was a very serious act that took a lot of concentration by the auditioner, she would be screaming at the top of her lungs.  Always soaking up attention in any way she could. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

I do not miss the judges Heidi Klum or Mel B.  I think Julianne Hough and Gabrielle Union are fine replacements.  I found Heidi to be especially annoying.  imo she added nothing but a nice outfit and jewelry every week.  Her comments were dull and the thing I hated most was when the act on stage was a very serious act that took a lot of concentration by the auditioner, she would be screaming at the top of her lungs.  Always soaking up attention in any way she could. 

I totally agree.  Don't miss Heidi or Mel B.  Heidi was just there for show and her dresses and didn't contribute much and Mel B. I just got tired of her shouting and attacking Simon.