Frequent Contributor

Re: AMC+ Interview with A Vampire

I thought they did an excellent of telling the tale in true 2022 style: Nothing was left to the imagination.  That being said and even though I prefer much more left to my imagination , the first episode was outstanding and I will be watching again.  In one if the breaks, they showed a promo for another Anne Rice series based on "The Witching Hour." 

Valued Contributor

@kittiekattie wrote:

I had forgotten all wbout "Men on Films" Thanks for the snaps and the laugh! 

@kittiekattie wrote:

I had forgotten all wbout "Men on Films" Thanks for the snaps and the laugh! 

Two snaps and a circle!  😂😂😂

Frequent Contributor

Giddyup!

Respected Contributor

I read the book back in the 70's, but I don't think I ever saw the movie with Brad Pitt & Tom Cruise.  I watched the 1st episode of this new show & I guess it's been so long since I read the book that I don't remember the storyline anymore!

Honored Contributor

DH wanted to watch this.  I am not really into that sort of thing, but we did watch the first episode.  It was well done.  While it's not my cup of tea, we will probably keep watching.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Definitely , not to my liking.This series is just to promote  certain agendas .

The  language used in the  brothel  was Disgusting

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

z-formation-snap-o.gif

two-snaps-up-o.gif

I love it!  Haven't seen this in a while. 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

I enjoyed the first episode.  I really, really like this.  I was able to watch "behind the scenes" on the Director and Writer's take on this revision of the book.  I was also not aware that there was a movie starring Tom Cruise (though I'm in no hurry to see it). 

It is gory though, no different than the goriness of the theater versions of The Night of the Living Dead flix.  I hope it continues on AMC, but if it moves to AMC+ after the first two episodes I'm following it.  I've read that it has already been picked up for a second season and it's just barely into the first season.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset 

I think it's an excellent show. Good to know there will be another season.

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

I hope it continues on AMC, but if it moves to AMC+ after the first two episodes I'm following it.  I've read that it has already been picked up for a second season and it's just barely into the first season.

Does anybody know if it will be leaving AMC for the streamer?    I have yet to watch E01, but have it recorded.  But if it's going to move to + I will just delete what I have and not bother.

(I hate when shows do that, btw)  If they cannot be up front, I cannot be bothered and can't just sign up for every streaming service out there.