Honored Contributor

Oh, and I did ask her for a few of the NCAA basketball scores over the weekend.  She's so smart, she even gave a few details of the scoring!  She's one smart cookie!!!!!!!!!!Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I like when Alexa shows some personality.  For example, she did something new this morning:after telling me the weather: she said "have a good day!"  And this afternoon, following the weather, she said "have a good afternoon."

Esteemed Contributor

@chlema 

Have you granddaughter give you a quick tutorial. It does a lot of functions and you are missing out.

Honored Contributor

Things like that don't really interest me.  I'd never buy one or use it if someone gave it to me.  I do have Alexa on my Kindle Fire, I have used that for recipes and to find a particular song.  

Esteemed Contributor

@chlema wrote:

Okay, so I'm old but I was given Alexa by my granddaughter.  It came without directions so all I know how to do is ask Alexa to play some requested songs lol.

Ask her to set it up for you.  Being able to say "Alexa, call ANYONE on your contact list on your cell phone" is a great safety feature.                                                                                             

It's one of those items you hope you never need but it is nice knowing it is available.

Esteemed Contributor

@Zhills   Thank you so much for alerting me to the other threads.  I am learning so much from them.    I love Alexa......

Thx again.......

Honored Contributor

I was one of the first ones to get "Alexa" I was a Prime member and paid $99 for her when she sold for $199. I was on a waitlist, when I got her I surprised people with her as they had never heard of her! I really don't bother with her much I mostly ask for a weather report ( she doesn't always get it right). I do find she often doesn't know the answer to my questions, I don't know where she gets her data from. Siri is better at answering my questions.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ALEXA ANYONE????

[ Edited ]

Some posters have mentioned having Alexa on their Fire tablet.  The advantage, to me, of having an Echo or Echo Dot is that you don't have to have the sound ON.  The sound is always on, just not active until you say her name, with an Echo or Dot.  I am not always near my phone or tablet, just voice works well.

I've had my Echo for a long time but didn't use it much until I found how it works with the Echo Connect.  Now I play with it more and read about all Alexa can really do.  

Bought one for a friend to set up reminders to take her meds every day!  It will also set a reminder for any appointments you may have.

Esteemed Contributor

When I'm alone in the house, I'll turn the sound up and ask her to play Andrea Bocelli singing "Time to say goodbye" and then Sinatria singing "My Way"......  LOL  I can hear those two, over and over and.........................

Esteemed Contributor

I. Glad you can hear Alexa, I was given one with a purchase and didn’t even know what it did so I gave it to my son. He loves it and keeps it at work so he can add to his grocery list. 

I’m hearing disabled and with my hearing aid can’t hear  it.