Respected Contributor

Awful just awful. Why cant they find a cure for this dreaded disease ?  I have not seen enough progress made with cancer in recent decades. It seems like the research has stalled.  This is troublesome.

Trusted Contributor

I'm very sorry, but there is no cure for pancreatic cancer. It is fatal and can start and finish in a few weeks, no more than about three months. I read Alex is in terrible pain behind the scenes but comes out like normal in spite of it when the cameras are rolling. God bless him, his family and friends.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Awful just awful. Why cant they find a cure for this dreaded disease ?  I have not seen enough progress made with cancer in recent decades. It seems like the research has stalled.  This is troublesome.

@Reever  early diagnosis for any cancer is the key- and there isn't much of anything for pancreatic cancer at this time.

Valued Contributor

My cousin has survived pancreatic cancer for 6 years.

Early detection was key, and she has undergone chemotherapy throughout the six years. Her oncologist says that she has survived beyond any other of his patients. The chemo has been tough on her, and she has encountered other complications connected to her surgery.

Her goal is to spend as much time as possible to watch her grandchildren grow.

Honored Contributor

Lung cancer is another one of those that doesn't have a good survival rate.

Respected Contributor

Alex Trebek is a special man. He is doing what he does so well to the end. How many would or could do what he has done? He has an inner strength that is quite remarkable.

Respected Contributor
@keithsmom it looks like your " no more than about three months" is just an offhand comment with no facts to support it. Trebek, himself, has hung in there close to 8 months.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 10 YEARS ago, treated, and is still here--even after a recurrence, with subsequent treatment, during the summer.

We're all aware of the grim prognosis, but many, including probably, Alex Trebek, aren't looking ahead decades. And he just might be one of the lucky ones.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

@keithsmom65 I read that it is very rare that they can detect it early.I wish someone would give a list of signs. No one talks about the early signs of cancer  of regular variety of cancer.It used to be listed all the time before.

Honored Contributor

When he mentioned the purple ribbons,I thought he was so wonderful not to say anythig about himself.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

Does anyone know when the current shows on TV were actually taped?