Esteemed Contributor

Did anyone watch tonight? The last açt that was a young girl who sang wrote her śong. She is battling cancer and has a 2% survival. She sang "It is Ok". Simon Cowell gave her the Gold Ticket. She had no one with her. It was heartbreaking but she had such a positive attitude. It made me cry. You just never know what challenges people are facing.  She had a beautiful voice.

Honored Contributor

@elated,

I didn't know it was on. That is heartbreaking. So many sad things.

I guess it is on Tuesdays?

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I saw her and she touched me, I was crying. I had a feeling Simon would give her the Golden Buzzer, you could tell how moved he was by her story and performance. I know she said she has a 2% chance of survival, but if a positive attitude counts for anything she will make it. I hope she has some kind of support system behind, maybe no one was available to go to the audition with her.

Valued Contributor

This is a perfect example of why you never give up , regardless of the odds . Her attitude is everything!  She seems like an awesome person ! 

Valued Contributor

Glad Simon gave her the golden buzzer.

the choir who got the golden buzzer from Northwell Health

last week  should not of got it.they were o.k something we see

every year.nothing  spectacular.

Honored Contributor

@heart of savino wrote:

Glad Simon gave her the golden buzzer.

the choir who got the golden buzzer from Northwell Health

last week  should not of got it.they were o.k something we see

every year.nothing  spectacular.

Full disclosure, I'm from NYC and was happy the choir got the Golden Buzzer. I think their story factored heavily in Howie's decision. The nurses are Angels, taking care of COVID patients, being with many when they were dying and their families couldn't visit them. They took care of patients, even though they were putting their own selves and families at possible risk. I can not begrudge them being rewarded the Golden Buzzer.

Esteemed Contributor

I loved the Canadians with the towels and the Magician with the cards.

Respected Contributor

@patbz wrote:

I loved the Canadians with the towels and the Magician with the cards.

I agree with you.  Woman Wink  Those two fellows with the towels were fantastic and very entertaining.  And of course we've seen so many magicians on the show, and they all seem to do very well, I have absolutely no idea how that trick was pulled off.  I mean the card decks were wrapped and sealed shut and all in perfect order - so How'd He Do That?  Woman Tongue

I caught up with both shows On Demand as I have my HW's to watch on that same evening, and I'm glad I watched.  As far as the girl who got Simon's golden buzzer, she sure was cute and I liked her song very much.  Yes, her attitude is everything and she looked so radiant and happy.

I'm not big on choirs but I get the emotion behind it all, but I would not have given them the golden buzzer either.  The fellow with the danger act appeared very nervous and I don't blame him, but I do enjoy those kind of acts.  We saw a lot of people get put thru and not so many that got buzzed out.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

Don't want to spoil last night's show, but LOVED the comedian - he had enough "edginess" to his act to keep it from being too bland.

Also impressed with the "frightening" magician.  Can see that he had some "leeway" in several aspects, but was blown away by the fire and conquering "the beast".  How did he do that?  Watched it twice and didn't see...

Denise
Respected Contributor

Storm Large's rendition of I've Got You Under My Skin was incredible.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.