Respected Contributor

I mentioned this on another thread weeks ago but Simon pokes his cheek every time he speaks.  I've never seen anything like it.  I wonder if he has pain or numbness maybe from a procedure?  

Also loved and agreed with tonight's results!

Frequent Contributor

Wow!  Your sig says: "If you can't say something nice, say nothing at all!"

I enjoy Simon & hope he never quits. He is very intelligent & knows how to charm. I have never noticed the habit you mentioned.

I enjoy AGT but think previous seasons offered more talent.

Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.”
Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

I mentioned this on another thread weeks ago but Simon pokes his cheek every time he speaks.  I've never seen anything like it.  I wonder if he has pain or numbness maybe from a procedure?  

Also loved and agreed with tonight's results!

So you are saying the man should quit because he pokes his cheek? 

Then I disagree. Would you quit a job because of a minor personal - and harmless - habit you have?

Respected Contributor

You both misunderstood me!  I wish he would quit with the annoying habit of fingering his cheek every time he speaks.  He never did this before this year and I'm wondering if he has pain or another sensation in his face like I do.  I wasn't saying anything nasty or asking him to quit his job, just stop that with his right cheek and middle finger.  Take a look and you will see it is strange.

Yes I do stand by my sig Heart

Honored Contributor

It's probably just a habit, he may not realize he is even doing it.

Respected Contributor

I will politely disagree with the comment that Simon knows how to charm.  He is kinder than he was before having a family.  Maybe you didn't watch AGT years ago but he was very insulting to many on the show.  In another thread I mentioned him commenting on a young girl's mouth being so big one could drive a car through it!  Not so charming for that poor girl.  

@Jordan2I agree with you.  Someone who directs or produces the show surely knows why this is happening.

Trusted Contributor

I've noticed that too. Maybe it's just a habit that he doesn't even realize he is doing. I like him a lot though, no mattter what!! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Jackhound Mom  I remember the thread from a few weeks ago because I commented on it!  And I STILL agree with you that it is a super annoying habit.  It boggles my mind how someone could say they never noticed.  When the camera is on him, that's ALL I notice.  

I love Simon but I hate this annoying habit of his.  

Respected Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@Jackhound Mom  I remember the thread from a few weeks ago because I commented on it!  And I STILL agree with you that it is a super annoying habit.  It boggles my mind how someone could say they never noticed.  When the camera is on him, that's ALL I notice.  

I love Simon but I hate this annoying habit of his.  

@ Thank you again Citrine2!  I knew someone else commented on the last thread but I didn't look back, sorry!  I guess some people notice and some don't.  I agree Simon is now a wonderful judge and doesn't use insults anymore.  I also agree that the back stories are not why I watch and I don't appreciate the water throwing, etc.  I love to compare talent to talent and sometimes vote also.  Happy viewing!