Respected Contributor

AGT'S MICHAEL KETTERER & GARTH BROOKS - NOT ANYMORE!

[ Edited ]
Respected Contributor

Re: AGT'S MICHAEL KETTERER & GARTH BROOKS - NOT ANYMORE!

Agree.  This guy was touted as the next big thing.  Good for Garth for not associating with him after this.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

I couldn't figure out from the beginning why Simon was all ooh and ahh about him and having Garth Brooks write a song for him.  He had a good voice but nothing I haven't heard before.  

Valued Contributor

I applaud Garth’s decision too. At first I was worried that the incident would be whitewashed. Of course we don’t know exactly what happened with Michael and his wife but I doubt the LAPD got called over a few raised voices. He had to post $50,000 bail and the original charge was a felony. It will all be downgraded but that’s how the system and celebrity works.

It’s really strange but I was so impressed with Michael and his story in the original audition but when he returned in August I got a really off putting vibe from him. Too sanctimonious, thinly veiled arrogance and no mention of the huge role his wife played in caring for six children with considerable needs. I hope he learns from this but fear he will blame his wife for not being supportive enough.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't read the update as Garth is disassociating with Michael. Just that Michael's gig is off since he needs to handle personal things right now. In all this, I keep looking for Simon's comments. Nothing so far!

I wonder what really happened in that hotel room; it had to have been more than loud voices that required a call to the police. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Garth has 3 daughters.  There is no way he would be able to stand next to this guy and give him this shot at a future in the industry.

The initial charge is what matters, not what it gets kicked down to or what his wife is saying now.

And what's sad is that the next time Garth wants to jump in quickly and do a nice thing for someone, he is going to think twice.

Garth does a lot to promote up and coming songwriters and artists both on his Sirius/XM channel, in concerts and in the studio.

It's a shame when one person ruins a good thing for everyone.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor