Honored Contributor

I haven't watched this show in years, but I did last night.  Can someone tel me how the guy in the black shirt with the three kids lost his wife?

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I haven't watched this show in years, but I did last night.  Can someone tel me how the guy in the black shirt with the three kids lost his wife?

@depglass His wife was on the helicopter that Kobe Bryant and his daughter were on that crashed. I think she may have been a girl's basketball coach. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 

@Jordan2 wrote:

@depglass wrote:

@depglass His wife was on the helicopter that Kobe Bryant and his daughter were on that crashed. I think she may have been a girl's basketball coach. 

Yes, you are right. He couldn't really sing, but his heart and the song was beautiful. I'm surprised he went on there, good for him.  Not many of the people on that helicopter were in the news because they were not big stars, but I'm glad he came out.

Honored Contributor

How absolutely tragic.  I teared up anyway but would have been  bawling if I had heard that.