Respected Contributor

I believe the new season begins on Tuesday, 5/31.  For the most part, I've enjoyed the show, though I think there are too many singers, especially with AI and the Voice.

Anyone else going to watch?

Respected Contributor

I will not be watching this year.  I'm getting tired of the same old acts and the judges choosing the ones for the "sob" factor.  Plus when they went virtual it wasn't the same. 

Respected Contributor

I'll try it this time.  I disliked the last season so skipped it with those thrill seeking acts.  Can't remember what they called them but I had no interest in those.

Respected Contributor

@kindred cats wrote:

I'll try it this time.  I disliked the last season so skipped it with those thrill seeking acts.  Can't remember what they called them but I had no interest in those.

@kindred cats 

That was a separate AGT. 

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

After watching tonight's first show of the season, I felt there were a lot of different performers that were very unique.

I could've done without the "parmesan" guy.

Anyone else watch?  Thoughts?

Esteemed Contributor

I watch every year. I enjoy the various acts. It takes alot 

of courage to get up in front of an audience to perform. 

The other AGT is Extreme where they perform outrageous acts. 

Respected Contributor

@elated , thanks for your post.  Yes, I agree about the show they had with the outrageous acts.  It wasn't something I'd be interested in going to see, but that's me.

Frequent Contributor

The 13  yearold  singer Maddie gets the golden ticket. give me a break.....

The chicken act and japanese  comedian were much better.

This show is getting hard to watch. best to tape it  so you can fast forward  it.

Respected Contributor

DH and thought last night's was better than last week.  So far, we enjoyed:

The last act called Metaphysical which was such a surprise, the country singer/band, Drake Milligan, the 2 young guys called "Funkanometry".  

The girl with the chickens was also good (or should I say the chickens) as they did all of the work.  The Japanese comedian girl was somewhat funny; however some of what she said was really pushing it for us.

As for the "plant" young female singer, neither of us felt she should have gotten the golden buzzer.  Obviously, it was a set up and from what I read, she already has a career.  I googled her and all of the info is on there.