Honored Contributor

Have just been watching my recent TCM recording of the horror classic,  "The Creature from the Black Lagoon".

Richard Carlson who starred as one of the lead scientists in the film, quite famously looked very much like Hugh Marlowe.  People were/are always mixing them up.  They were contemporaries (only a year apart in age) and often acted in the same type of films.

Fun to see them side by side.  Here's Richard Carlson in these three photos:

And here's Hugh Marlowe in these three:

The resemblance is more striking in moving film images I think.  Of course Hugh Marlowe is so well known for being in one of the greats, "All About Eve".   He was "Lloyd Richards", the playwright/friend of "Margo Channing" (Bette Davis) and the husband of Celeste Holm.

Both very attractive men.  I eventually realized that vocally, Marlowe has a very "plummy" theatrical voice, and Carlson has a more usual-sounding voice, so that's one giveaway, apart from the small facial differences they do have... I think Carlson's is the slightly more refined, conventionally handsome face, while Marlowe's is slightly "craggier".  But they could be brothers, maybe!

Respected Contributor

For me, Carlson's more bulbous nose is one way to distinguish them facially, @Oznell .  Other than that, they're pretty darn close.

Honored Contributor

Oh, good point, observant @vsm --  I didn't even notice that!

Honored Contributor

I always get those "regulars" of the 1950s sci-fis mixed up.  Richard Carlson, Richard Denning, Hugh Marlowe, etc.  I forget who's who and who's in what movie--LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell    Merry Christmas ! who do I look like ?  King Kong or Godzilla ?

^acoo.gif

DSCN0879.JPG

Honored Contributor

Ha, so true, @kaydee50!

@SharkE, no, no, that's easy, you look like your own jaunty unique self, of course!   With a little of glam Constance Bennett thrown in, maybe:

MV5BMTc3MDIxMDg5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDUyNjU2._V1_UY317_CR1,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Honored Contributor

Oh, meant to add, thank you and Merry Christmas to you, @SharkE!   And to all, happy holidays, and here's to a great 2020!

Honored Contributor

You do such a great job in here of alerting us to what's coming up and me and my Halloweenie  programs ! LOL

Wanted to do a shout out to you.

By the way my sister said one time she thought I looked like Mariette Hartley ! I go "what, she's ugly" hahahaha I don't see it at all.

I never had a skinny day in my life and have to starve to death to stay at the wgt I'm at now. LOL

@Oznell 

Respected Contributor

Re: ACTOR LOOK-ALIKES

[ Edited ]

Two actors that I think look a lot alike are

Javier Bardem:

Related image

And, Jeffery Dean Morgan:

Related image

Honored Contributor

Hey, Mariette Hartley is such a beauty, @SharkE!

@aubnwa01--  Wow, they really do look alike-- good call!