Valued Contributor

I just watched a really good series on Acorn streaming.  It is set in Wales and it is called "Keeping Faith."  If you like British TV, they have some excellent shows.

Esteemed Contributor

@Terrywu  Thanks for the info.  I know nothing about Acorn TV, but they have lots of mysteries that look good.  Do you watch it on your computer or can you stream it to your tv?  I have no idea how it works, but the shows look like something that I would be interested in.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Valued Contributor

I watch it on my tv.   My son tells me he downloaded to his computer and then mirrors it to his tv.  So not techie,have no idea what that means.  Really good shows. Another one is The Gold Digger.

Respected Contributor

it is a freebie that is offered by our local library. It is included in the RB digital app that includes audiobooks, magazines, videos and movies. It is really a big benefit from our Library.  All online to download or watch in browser.

Esteemed Contributor

I love Acorn!!  Just recently I paid 5 dollars and cents a month to see the website thru Spectrum.  Best investment I've ever made!!   Have seen many shows!  Loved Amnesia, Bed of Roses, Brokenwood Mysteries, Acceptable Risk, 800 Words. McCullum etc. 

Also found some great shows in French and Italian.  Since my local PBS stopped showing MhZ network, I have missed these foreign shows!!

Super Contributor

@Terrywu   Thank you for alerting me to Keeping Faith!  LOVED IT!  I just finished watching this morning.  I didn't think I liked mysteries, but this one was was relatable and riveting!  I liked that there was very little on-screen violence.  The music was powerful and wonderful!   

I did a little research and learned Season 3 has already wrapped filming!

Super Contributor

Acorn also has a couple Australian series that have a few seasons that are good.  Heart Guy, A Place To Call Home, Seachange.  

Esteemed Contributor

@3blackdogs wrote:

Acorn also has a couple Australian series that have a few seasons that are good.  Heart Guy, A Place To Call Home, Seachange.  

-------------

I just watched three seasons -  each over 15 episodes - of McLeod's Daughters.  Also Australian and so good!  Only thing is apparently that show went for 8 seasons, but Acorn only has 3 available.

Am watching Seachange now....

Respected Contributor

@corita wrote:

@3blackdogs wrote:

-------------

I just watched three seasons -  each over 15 episodes - of McLeod's Daughters.  Also Australian and so good!  Only thing is apparently that show went for 8 seasons, but Acorn only has 3 available.

Am watching Seachange now....

The remaining seasons are on IMDB channel. You can get it free if you want to put up with a few commercials. My TV didn't have the IMDB app but I also have a ROKU and it is available with ROKU.

Super Contributor

I enjoyed A Place To Call Home.

I watch Acorn via Roku.