Respected Contributor

Anyone watching the new Wednesday night ABC series Stumptown...it's a show based on the series of novels by the same name. The show is about an Army Vet named Dex Parios.

Her investigative skills in the Army are put to work as a private investigator. The first episode was not that bad and I am looking forward to seeing how the series turns out.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ABC's New Show: Stumptown

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

Anyone watching the new Wednesday night ABC series Stumptown...it's a show based on the series of novels by the same name. The show is about an Army Vet named Dex Parios.

Her investigative skills in the Army are put to work as a private investigator. The first episode was not that bad and I am looking forward to seeing how the series turns out.

I watched the show. I enjoyed the casts and the story. Hopefully, it will last.

Honored Contributor

I wasn't impressed but I was not turned off either, I will give it a few episodes to see if it calms it self down and gives us some stories.  I think the problem with some new shows is that they are so anxious to wow and thrill us and to throw all the backstory  of the characters at us before second commercial that the shows are just a lot of noise and car chases  and no substance.  I didn't know that this one was based on series of books.  

Respected Contributor

I grew fond of the promos.  I am not currently watching nor recording Stumptown only because I have too many other shows that I follow.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I wasn't impressed but I was not turned off either, I will give it a few episodes to see if it calms it self down and gives us some stories.  I think the problem with some new shows is that they are so anxious to wow and thrill us and to throw all the backstory  of the characters at us before second commercial that the shows are just a lot of noise and car chases  and no substance.  I didn't know that this one was based on series of books.  

I agree @chrystaltree there is the wow and thrill factor. I personally think they should have given us a little more background on the characters as to how they all came to know each other. 

Trusted Contributor

Liked it, will continue to watch, love the music!

Honored Contributor

I'm going to be honest, I was so sick of seeing the nonstop promos for the show, I wouldn't even watch it.  LOL  I have enough to watch on Wednesdays anyhow.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I'm going to be honest, I was so sick of seeing the nonstop promos for the show, I wouldn't even watch it.  LOL  I have enough to watch on Wednesdays anyhow.

I agree, the promos were of no interest to me, nor is the show. . 

Valued Contributor

1st exciting new show in a while. Anything that keeps me awake at 10pm for the entire show is a winner! Loved the cast.
Trusted Contributor

On a Martha Stewart show on QVC, I remember Martha saying something to the model, I think is Adrienne, that she looked like an actress on a show and I did not catch all that she said.  I was wondering if it is this actress on this show or the other new show with a little girl in it and sorry but I cannot remember the name of that show. When I saw the ad for this show, I thought she looked similar to her. Sorry if this sounds disconnected tonight.