Honored Contributor

Re: ABC Picks up 911 After Fox Cancelled it for next season!

@SharkE wrote:

I'm glad COPS are back on too on Fox.

@SharkE if you like Cops, I believe all those are old shows as Fox Nation was airing the new episodes.  Fox Nation is a subscription service.  I think Reelz is also carrying old episodes of Cops.  But, have you seen On Patrol Live on Reelz?  It's a live show.  Every Friday & Saturday nights.  It seems to have pulled Reelz out of the shadows judging by the change in ad content and the fact that Reelz ordrered 90 episodes, effectively renewing the series through January 2024.

Honored Contributor

I see Disney acquired Fox's assets and Fox didn't want to pay the increase in licensing fees amoung other $$$ issues.

I enjoyed this series but recently the storylines are weak. Hen is still my favorite character.

My concern now is that we would watch the next day on HULU but I don't think ABC programs air on HULU. 

9-1-1 Lonestar started out lukewarm and now has nothing to do with rescues overall. I did like Marjan and enjoyed the episode of her on the road.

We have given up on this series.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

What's up with FOX, first they cancel The Resident and now 9-1-1? Have they canceled 9-1-1 Lone Star, I like 9-1-1 much better? 

In total agreement with @Jordan2. The Resident was so good! Hard to believe the ratings were that bad. My favorite 9-1-1 episodes were those that showed the back stories of each character (i.e "Bobby Begins". They'll probably replace it with some trashy reality show. 

Honored Contributor

Was last night's episode the season finale (series finale as far as FOX was concerned)? It kind of seemed like storylines were wrapped up as happy endings and a couple of future happy endings. I'm glad ABC picked up the show. 

Honored Contributor

Disney's involvement with Fox is another reason why The Resident was cancelled. We always watched on HULU the next day.

I don't know if any other network will take over because Matt Czyuchry will be in the next American Horror Story.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I watched the show last night, I think the producers must have gotten the word FOX was canceling the show because for a finale it was satisfying. We saw the happy endings for everyone and nothing bad happened. I am glad it will be getting a second chance. 

Honored Contributor

Yes the way they wrapped it up was a lot like The Resident! Everyone got a Happy Ending..They must have known it was being cancelled on Fox..

So glad ABC picked it up.....I am still enoying this series...

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't realize they had cancelled it @CANDLEQUEEN? I'm sorry they did because I enjoy the show so I'm glad to hear ABC picked it up.

Great characters and good writiing.  They can keep the stupidest shows on but cancel things that I like. LOL