Respected Contributor

Re: A year in the life The Gilmore girls

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

That was 8 hours of my life I will never get back.  I was so disappointed and I love The Gilmore Girls.

Can you explain who was that guy who was suppose to be Rory's boyfriend? and no one remembered him but he knew everything about everybody.  I admit I did not watch every episode and I do not  remember him.  He had dinner with them the first night Rory was back

@sunshine 919  You know how I feel about the revival as we were just discussing this in the other thread. The most disappointing revival EVER!!

Anyway, Rory's boyfriend in the revival is named Paul. The character was never in the original series. Throughout the revival episodes Rory forgets about him and cheats on him with Logan and with her one night stand. (Rory with a one night stand. UGH!!) She was also always intending to break up with him but never gets around to it. There really was no point in even introducing the character, other than to show just how much Rory had changed. (Again - UGH!!)

I'm speculating that the reason no one remembers him is because he's a rather bland character and Rory probably never talked about him that much.

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

That was 8 hours of my life I will never get back.  I was so disappointed and I love The Gilmore Girls.

Can you explain who was that guy who was suppose to be Rory's boyfriend? and no one remembered him but he knew everything about everybody.  I admit I did not watch every episode and I do not  remember him.  He had dinner with them the first night Rory was back

@sunshine 919  You know how I feel about the revival as we were just discussing this in the other thread. The most disappointing revival EVER!!

Anyway, Rory's boyfriend in the revival is named Paul. The character was never in the original series. Throughout the revival episodes Rory forgets about him and cheats on him with Logan and with her one night stand. (Rory with a one night stand. UGH!!) She was also always intending to break up with him but never gets around to it. There really was no point in even introducing the character, other than to show just how much Rory had changed. (Again - UGH!!)

I'm speculating that the reason no one remembers him is because he's a rather bland character and Rory probably never talked about him that much.

That one night stand business could have been left out.  I hope if they do another one it will make more sense.  But as someone posted it seems like the actors may not have been totally into it.   I dont think they did one close up of Lane and she was such a big part of the show originally. Lanes mom with the dancers made no sense.  I was beginning to think people were high or drunk when they wrote some of this stuff lol

Valued Contributor

Rory had no problem sleeping with Dean even though he was married.  Now she is sleeping with Logan even though he is engaged.  What does that say about Rory?  Very disappointed in her.  36 years old and still trying to figure out what she wants to be when she grows up!

Honored Contributor

@daisy4 wrote:

Rory had no problem sleeping with Dean even though he was married.  Now she is sleeping with Logan even though he is engaged.  What does that say about Rory?  Very disappointed in her.  36 years old and still trying to figure out what she wants to be when she grows up!

Wow I missed the one where she slept with Dean after he was married. I guess I missed the one where he got married lol. It seems she leaves these guys then she wants them when they are with other people.  I remember her leaving Logan when she moved away.  I guess that was the last show I watched until this week.  She moved to work on a presidential campaign. It ended with her and lorelei sitting in the diner.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@lmt wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

That one night stand business could have been left out.  I hope if they do another one it will make more sense.  But as someone posted it seems like the actors may not have been totally into it.   I dont think they did one close up of Lane and she was such a big part of the show originally. Lanes mom with the dancers made no sense.  I was beginning to think people were high or drunk when they wrote some of this stuff lol

@sunshine 919  The reviews for the revival episodes have been mostly bad. Very bad. It seems like no one liked them, especially the fans. I would be shocked if there were any new episodes made. I can't imagine how much worse the storylines and characters could deteriorate if given the chance. Besides, I would imagine it would be difficult to get most of the cast together again. Plus the fact that this is the ending that Amy Sherman-Palladino always wanted for the original series.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@lmt wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@sunshine 919  The reviews for the revival episodes have been mostly bad. Very bad. It seems like no one liked them, especially the fans. I would be shocked if there were any new episodes made. I can't imagine how much worse the storylines and characters could deteriorate if given the chance. Besides, I would imagine it would be difficult to get most of the cast together again. Plus the fact that this is the ending that Amy Sherman-Palladino always wanted for the original series.

Well I guess that is it.  Very few shows have good finales.  I remember a show on Lifetime called "Any Day Now" with Annie Potts.  It was really good all loose ends tied up nicely.  It was a really good show.

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed the original throughout the years but never saw the reboot. Apparently that's not a loss. They made such a big deal about the fact that they'd reunited most of the original cast and the original writer but sometimes you just can't go back. Like someone else, I never liked Lorelei and Luke as romantic partners. Much preferred them as friends and always sort of preferred her with Christopher. Of all Rory's boyfriends I liked Logan the least. Always enjoyed Emily a lot and grouchy Michel was often funny.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I loved the show through the years, with Lorelei's quick, snide humor and still love the reruns!  I love the homey feel of Starr's Hollow and all it's quirky characters... And I'm in CT so that made it more real (haha)!  I miss shows like this one-  

Valued Contributor

I liked the show. I liked Lorelei with Luke. I wasn't a Christopher fan. 

I like Jess and Rory together.

Sookie and Jackson were a good couple too.

I did not see the reboot, so I am going off of what I remember of the show.