Honored Contributor

A year in the life The Gilmore girls

For Gilmore lovers, I just watched this, (I know I am late to this party lol) I'm curious what are your thoughts.  I am mixed.  I liked some parts, some parts made no sense (Logan and his friends showing up in costume)

Honored Contributor

Re: A year in the life The Gilmore girls

That was 8 hours of my life I will never get back.  I was so disappointed and I love The Gilmore Girls.

Honored Contributor

it was disappointing on many levels and the only person i actually liked was emily gilmore in the reboot.

i did not think lorelei should have married luke. (that is probably an unpopular opinion, but i really liked them better as FRIENDS and not lovers.)

the ending with rory was just horrible and why she let herself be used like that was just not what she was like years ago.

i so missed richard gilmore.

i wish that rory had ended up with dean.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

That was 8 hours of my life I will never get back.  I was so disappointed and I love The Gilmore Girls.

Agreed. It was really disappointing and made me sad I watched it, especially the ending.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

While I watched Gilmore Girls series as a marathon, once was enough.

This Year in the LIfe was a huge disappointment.  I felt they all looked uncomfortable renewing their roles and the chemistry just didn't seem to be there.

Spoiler
The ending apparently opens up another sequel.  I found it totally out of sync with the whole push for Rory as the professional, independent woman.  Loralei and another baby??  Paris (who I really liked lol) given a part that didn't make sense to me.  Seems they just jumbled them all together and the only character whose ending I liked belonged to Emily.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Rory was the most disappointing. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

My late DH really liked that show and never missed it. It bored me silly so I'd go in the bedroom and watch something else, read, knit or cross stitch. To each their own!

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

While I watched Gilmore Girls series as a marathon, once was enough.

This Year in the LIfe was a huge disappointment.  I felt they all looked uncomfortable renewing their roles and the chemistry just didn't seem to be there.

Spoiler
The ending apparently opens up another sequel.  I found it totally out of sync with the whole push for Rory as the professional, independent woman.  Loralei and another baby??  Paris (who I really liked lol) given a part that didn't make sense to me.  Seems they just jumbled them all together and the only character whose ending I liked belonged to Emily.

I kind of feel the same way.  Lane who is Rory's best friend was hardly on yet paris was on a lot.  The show just didn't make sense.  They were so many different parts for everybody but nothing flowed.  

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

it was disappointing on many levels and the only person i actually liked was emily gilmore in the reboot.

i did not think lorelei should have married luke. (that is probably an unpopular opinion, but i really liked them better as FRIENDS and not lovers.)

the ending with rory was just horrible and why she let herself be used like that was just not what she was like years ago.

i so missed richard gilmore.

i wish that rory had ended up with dean.

I really enjoyed the transformation of Emily.  Totally shocked at some of Rory's choices.  

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

Can you explain who was that guy who was suppose to be Rory's boyfriend? and no one remembered him but he knew everything about everybody.  I admit I did not watch every episode and I do not  remember him.  He had dinner with them the first night Rory was back