Super Contributor

A singer on The Voice is getting creepy !!

[ Edited ]

Has any noticed one of Gwen Stefani's team members ( Karin B.) copying her look?  She went from having brown hair to the exact shade of platinum blond hair ( by the way..she copied her beehive hairstyle from the AMA awards show to tonight's show too). She also is wearing the same style of clothing as Gwen Stefani too.. I can understand having an idol, but that is kind of creepy..it's like the nanny that her husband cheated with who did the same thing !!  And here the judges are telling her to be herself..

Spoiler

Trusted Contributor

Re: A singer on The Voice is getting creepy !!

Gwen said last show she talked her into going platinum, thought it would build her confidence.
Super Contributor

@willomenia wrote:
Gwen said last show she talked her into going platinum, thought it would build her confidence.

Really? Thanks willomenia! Must have missed that one, though I now don't know what's weirder..wanting to look like the idol or wanting a mini-me. 

Honored Contributor

Well, she's just a kid, not 30 or 40 years old. 

She is on a nationally recognised prime time show---singing quite well and in the finals.

There was a taped video of her singing one of Gwen's song when she was only 7.

So she does idolize Gwen and look at where she is at in her life at the moment.  Being mentored by Gwen.

If Gwen suggested for her to dye her hair platinum, shouldn she have stomped off and said NO!?

Nothing creepy about it.  She and the others on tonight are at the top of their game doing exactly what they want to be doing right now.

I can't say that's what I was doing at 15, 16, 17, or even 20 years old.

Regular Contributor

Huh??? On top of their game???..... Nope

its weird to see the girl transform into something off putting and what's even weirder than that, is Gwen S. Thinks it's ok-...weird!

Trusted Contributor

Korin is not as good as some of the others, IMO.  I like all 3 of Blake's singers, especially that 17 year old boy - he's really good.  I am not a fanatic about the show, but from what I have watched over the years, this year seems to have several good singers.

Respected Contributor

LOL, the show makes them over, they're not stalkers or anything.   Gwen has a thing about changing their looks totally.   Personally I think she should leave the kids alone that wear glasses.   Buy them a stylish pair if she wants a different look.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

@Justholdingon wrote:

Has any noticed one of Gwen Stefani's team members ( Karin B.) copying her look?  She went from having brown hair to the exact shade of platinum blond hair ( by the way..she copied her beehive hairstyle from the AMA awards show to tonight's show too). She also is wearing the same style of clothing as Gwen Stefani too.. I can understand having an idol, but that is kind of creepy..it's like the nanny that her husband cheated with who did the same thing !!  And here the judges are telling her to be herself..

Spoiler

I don't watch the show but isn't the Voice filmed in advance? In which case what someone is wearing was months ago and not actually the same week as the AMAs which are live. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I watch the show. Gwen did tell her to color her hair. I think the young lady has a pretty voice but I don't think she's got what it takes to win this season.