Trusted Contributor

Re: A remake of The Wizard of Oz

Hollywood is so lame.  They have no original ideas anymore.  Why would anyone want to remake The Wizard of Oz?  I will pass.  I will pass on anything that Hollyweird does anymore.

Honored Contributor

@simplyfriends wrote:

it's hard for me to believe the negative comments about remaking a movie. It's not like they're using your money. If you don't want to watch the remake then don't watch it. 

It's the principle of the thing.

Honored Contributor

Some people love this film so much (The original) that they have whole rooms in their homes that are dedicated to this movie.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

@Jinlei wrote:

Hollywood is so lame.  They have no original ideas anymore.  Why would anyone want to remake The Wizard of Oz?  I will pass.  I will pass on anything that Hollyweird does anymore.

I disagree with that, to some extent. Although Hollywood is constantly dredging up old movies, mostly classics, and re-making them, there's a lot of imagination and creativity. What I think is lacking, is the courage to go for a really oddball or out-there idea. The suits are afraid they'll lose money and money is the golden calf of Hollywood.

Still, look at some of the new stuff coming out (and keep in mind that "Hollywood" isn't just movies). There are some hits and some duds but I like it that some old movies are being re-done for this era, and there's a lot of newer people around with fresh ideas, and they MONEY to produce them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Some people love this film so much (The original) that they have whole rooms in their homes that are dedicated to this movie.

@Group 5 minus 1 

And some people just wear red shoes every day. Woman Embarassed

Image result for ruby slippers

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

Love the original but then I also really loved Wicked so it could be good...maybe.  I have tons of Oz collectibles so not sure about competition.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Valued Contributor

No thanks, the original is still fabulous . Don't mess with the Wizard of Oz