Respected Contributor

Re: A question for those who were watching HGTV many years ago.

@on the baywrote:

@SWEET-

Thank you!

Yes, thats right and I'm glad to know that!

I liked that show. It was interesting to see how different people's styles were and what they liked and didn't-Just like any families or within the same family!

I never got to see the other one mentioned-Rich house Poor house? That certainly sounds interesting and I wonder if any ever wished they could change their lifestyle after that.

You'd think the poor house might, but maybe not-it wouldn't feel like home!

I don't remember Rich House, Poor House at all.  Did you google it?  I can't wait for the reboot of TS in April.  All the old cast is coming back too!

Honored Contributor

@SWEET-

I just looked it up-

Oh, no wonder we haven't heard of it!

It is shown in Great Britain!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@J Town Girlwrote:

Thanks so much to everyone who took the time to answer my question.    I finally found the answer by searching.   I was able to find a list of all past HGTV shows and through that, I found the show  I was thinking about.

It was called "Sleep On It".   It premiered on January 1st, 2008.    As I said in my original post I don't believe the show lasted very long.

The description of the show stated that a couple had the choice of two houses that they wanted to buy and they slept in each one for a night before they made their decision on which one to purchase.   

I'm sure like almost all of the house buying shows it was so scripted but I did enjoy it.  

So besides me does anyone else remember this show?

Now I remember that show.  One couple wanted to make sure the house was big enough for their entire huge family to come over for dinners.  So they threw a big dinner party in the house and had a sleepover.  Imagine coming home to that mess.

Respected Contributor

@on the baywrote:

@SWEET-

I just looked it up-

Oh, no wonder we haven't heard of it!

It is shown in Great Britain!

LOL.  Least you found it.

Respected Contributor

Thanks, Scooby Doo, I'm so glad someone other than me remembered the show.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It was Trading Spaces on TLC, not HGTV. I heard they were reviving it and even bringing back Page Davis. There were some real debacles on that show. No one could screw someone's house up like Hildy. Feathers or flowers glued to walls. She even put corrigated cardboard on walls. She sprayed an heirloom chair with black paint. Her own home was done in all white, but she thought it was perfectly fine to wreak havoc on other people's houses. Then there was Doug, who actually did some lovely redo projects, but I'll never forgot the woman who bawled her eyes out because he ignored her wishes and redid her fireplace. Personally, I thought it was nothing but an improvement, but she had the whole thing torn out. Good grief.

Frequent Contributor

Trading Spaces I really enjoyed that show.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read a couple of days ago that Discovery Inc. just bought the parent company that owns HGTV, Food Network, DIY & the Travel Channel.  It would be nice if they improved the programming!

Esteemed Contributor

Hildy.......I remember her......always gluing stuff on the walls....

How about the time she did that with straw......

My favorites were the older gentleman and the Oriental man...they would do a nice job....

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girlwrote:

Can anyone remember the name of the show where a family would go and spend either a night or maybe it was for the week-end in a completely different house than their own?

I seem to remember the show was called House Swap or something similar to that.   

I guess the point of the show was for the family to get a different view of life by staying in another house.  

I'm not referring to the show called "Celebrity Wife Swap", that was a competely different show.    

The show I'm trying to remember didn't last very long.    I guess it just wasn't very interesting to most people, but I did enjoy it.   

The reason I am asking about this show is because I am wondering if I could still find episodes on YouTube.

@J Town Girlwrote:

Can anyone remember the name of the show where a family would go and spend either a night or maybe it was for the week-end in a completely different house than their own?

I seem to remember the show was called House Swap or something similar to that.   

I guess the point of the show was for the family to get a different view of life by staying in another house.  

I'm not referring to the show called "Celebrity Wife Swap", that was a competely different show.    

The show I'm trying to remember didn't last very long.    I guess it just wasn't very interesting to most people, but I did enjoy it.   

The reason I am asking about this show is because I am wondering if I could still find episodes on YouTube.

I remember Room by Room. That was always fun. She was the decorator, he added a little comedy. Kind of like Fixer Upper does today. (which is much better)