Honored Contributor

Re: A movie re-run you can't stop watching

Pretty Woman 

Honored Contributor

@Caligurll wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

.Anything with Cary Grant!

I used to love watching Arsenic and Old Lace.  I haven't seen that movie in many years.  And Philadelphia Story too.

@Caligurll

TCM hadArsenic and Old Lace On a few weeks ago.....And Phil Story too.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@just bee

I'm not sure I get it either.  What is the point?

@Tinkrbl44

Maybe that's a question for all those on this thread who have posted that they can watch the same film again and again.

So... why do we do it?

I studied film in college and still watch as if I'm going to write a paper when it's over.  I can't say I watch films repeatedly because I studied them; I've watched films I like repeatedly as long as I can remember.

Also majored in English a hundred years ago, and there are essays, stories, poems and books I've read multiple times, but I definitely don't reread as much as I rewatch.

I'll review the DSM this week at work just to check if this has been classified as a mental disorder.  Could very well be an addiction. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

Two movies that come to mind that I can watch over and over are Zombieland and Holiday.