Honored Contributor

Re: A movie I really liked and still do every time I see it!

@Queen of shop wrote:

@qualitygal  "The Birdcage"

@Queen of shop,

Me too!

I've watched it so many times when someone says a word like "well" (and pauses) or some normal everyday word, I think of lines from the movie and start laughing!

Like when Nathan says,"well, one must have a little color." as he points to his pink socks.

I tell my kids guess what I'm watching tonight and they know I'll say the Birdcage lol! 

Everytime I see it it's like the first time. I also like Mrs Doubtfire.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Judaline,

I don't think I would like Tom Cruise in person but The Firm is a really great movie. Gene Hackman so good in this too.I never get tired of it either.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Queen of shop wrote:

@qualitygal  "The Birdcage"

@Queen of shop,

Me too!

I've watched it so many times when someone says a word like "well" (and pauses) or some normal everyday word, I think of lines from the movie and start laughing!

Like when Nathan says,"well, one must have a little color." as he points to his pink socks.

I tell my kids guess what I'm watching tonight and they know I'll say the Birdcage lol! 

Everytime I see it it's like the first time. I also like Mrs Doubtfire.

@on the bayLOL, I quote dialog from that movie ALL the time. It truly is my favorite. So funny and well written. Seen it a million times and will sit through it a million times more. If I'm channel surfing and it's on, I watch whatever point the movie is at.

I love Mrs. Doubtfire too. "A driveby fruiting". LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Queen of shop,

Lol! Oh my gosh, "a drive by fruiting" is exactly what I was thinking of when I wrote Mrs.Doubtfire!

You couldn't take us both anywhere!😂

Trusted Contributor

@on the bay  We can be besties and laugh all day I'm sure.Woman WinkWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

@meallen616,

Sister Act is another good one! I never get tired of that one either.

Miss Congeniality is good too with Sandra Bullock.

And The Last Holiday with Queen Latifah-I love her in that.

Esteemed Contributor

Home Alone

Respected Contributor

What a great topic!  A smattering of my all-time favorites-

(there's many more)

Gone with the Wind

Tootsie

Good Morning Vietnam

The Natural

It's Complicated

The Best Years of our Lives

A Place in the Sun

When Harry Met Sally

Cool Hand Luke

A League of their Own

Honored Contributor

Splendor in the Grass, starring Warren Beatty and Natalie Wood.  Directed by Elia Kazan.

It never fails to trap me if I happen upon it.  Irresistible, especially if I catch part of the following scene as I'm skipping over channels.  It is the one in which brokenhearted Deanie Loomis (Natalie Wood) is forced to read from Wordsworth's "Ode: Intimations of Immortality from Recollections of Early Childhood."  

Deanie's boyfriend (Warren Beatty) has been stolen from her by the little trollop that sits in front of her in English class.  A good girl, Deanie would not "give in" to Bud (Warren Beatty) but the girl seated in front of Deanie did -- she even set out to trap Bud.  When Deanie has a meltdown, it tears at your heart.  

The movie is a sensitive study of leaving behind the innocence of youth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWbd8uOsbBE

Respected Contributor

Romancing the Stone (1984) - IMDb

"Romancing The Stone" - Kathleen Turner & Michael Douglas

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF