Honored Contributor

A funny story -- re: 90 day fiancé my "guilty pleasure"🤦‍♀️

So my spouse is in hospital and to be totally honest he's not a happy camper ...why??  He's mad because he was having severe back pain and went on the pretense he would come home after cortisone shot...

Well, he has pneumonia and edema of his legs, uncontrollable blood pressure right now ....so again, he's crazy on all kinds of meds,

This is the funniest but most embarrassing at the same time.

His evening nurse is a beautiful Russian girl (traveling nurse on staff) they are talking about her opportunities here in the States and she is becoming a doctor.  Then out of nowhere he says: Are you married? She said "no but I'm dating a nice American".  

OMG he said to her: "Oh did you meet him on internet to get to America like those people on the show my wife watches?"....

I almost died ...she was so funny she said "No I came here the right way on my own!" Then she said "What do I look like a loser?"....

Oh boy I gave him a earful and all of us just laughed ...

Honored Contributor

Re: A funny story -- re: 90 day fiancé my "guilty pleasure"🤦‍♀️

aHala The Far Side Gallery green text product font logo

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Prayers for your husband's speedy recovery!

Work visas are temporary. Very tough to get into an American med school and without citizenship, no American financial aid. School visas are usually granted until you graduate. Then they end.

American spouse can solve a lot of issues.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1  Poor hubby, but that is so funny! I'm sure doctors are used to hearing all kinds of things and didn't give it much thought. I hope he feels better soon. Thanks for sharing that story.

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy 

She was quite "serious" about her status as American citizen.  She left Russia she told us at 17 as no matter how or what you become there is no respect for women. (she was serious).

And she actually works 7 days/week at different hospitals (she makes big $$$) which she stated "I will never be in debt for my goals".

The night nurse is also a traveling nurse.  She told us she left her family (kids & spouse) in Iowa because she makes "triple" the wages here and they provide the housing stipend.   She was explaining to us she's made more $$$ now  then she had as a nurse in Iowa.

Apparently, this is a big thing with nurses,etc. as a good friend of mine is a RN and she's going to do it for a year (moving to Connecticut)  and she has worked at same hospital for over 10 years.  I think it's the sign of the times.

I know I received a call today for his in-home nurse and she will be assigned to him 3 mornings/week to check his condition once released tomorrow.  They didn't have nurses available through our hospital she works for another company.

Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry your husband is so ill and hoping for a speedy recovery. 

That's the funniest story I've heard in a long time. And good for that nurse! When my BF was in the hospital last summer, he had several nurses who were not born in the US.  And when we crused last, one of our stateroom attendents was a lovely young woman from an Eastern Europeaon country.  She had a banking degree but could not find a job in her own country.  I admire the work ethic of so many of these people. It takes a lot to leave everything behind to fulful their dreams.