Re: A&E's Live Rescue has a new host

What is the matter with people?? I thought Ashley Banfield did a fantastic job hosting Live Rescue. She was knowledable, genuinely compassinate, very professional, and easier on the eyes than the guys. She will very much be missed.

I agree with you pigletsmom!
In my opinion, I do not like Matt Iseman both as a commentator and as somebody to look at the entire show. Ashley Bansfield did a better job than he does currently to me. I don’t know why finding another host like Dan Abrams is so difficult? I can’t imagine that Mr. Iseman will be the face for Live Rescue for too long but ratings will be the true gauge. The sudden transition from one host to another was supposed to be something nobody noticed? I’m ready for a new host! I’m finding that I’m surfing channels during the show and that isn’t good because I usually do not return to the show when I do!
When Live PD is on I don’t touch the remote because I don’t want to miss anything! Also considering I do the same for Live PD re-runs too!
I wonder if a “poll of hosts” for tv viewers to decide would be a good idea? Anyway the “market strategy” is way off in my eyes but I’m a “54 year old” viewer and maybe the viewer age is not focused on my generation either?
Thoughts???
Trusted Contributor

I'm not sure if Matt will get more comfortable of not. I think on LivePD the just seem to be natural friends. of course LivePD had a different third host in the beginning to go along with Tom and he just didn't gel as well I guess. Dan and Tom seemed to just work well together.

I think one of the thing with this show is too much weird added stuff. It's only two hours so we don't need the segments like Pet Rescue or other stuff. And interviewing people. I do think the guys on the panel are pretty good. I think maybe I'd like one of the guys from NJ. Maybe that would bring a different vibe.

Super Contributor

MSNBC gave her a shot to host her own news show, but then she was :::::::gone.

I was happy to see her on Live Rescue and agree that she did a great job.I feel sad for women Hosts, because it seems like the have to be *eye candy*

(along with professional) whereas a male host is not held to the same standard.

Ashleigh is a nice looking woman, imho.

The male host? ...........not so much

The new Host does not seem as smooth or enthusiastic as Ms. Banfield was.

For gosh sake...give her a show and leave her alone! Give her time to build a following.....

Trusted Contributor

Honestly I didn't like Ashley on this show but I've liked her in the past on news. When she first filled in a couple of times on LivePD and then was making appearances before this show she was flirting wildly with Sticks and it was just weird. Then on this show I felt like she was a little too gaga over stuff. Like too girly if that makes sense. But my dad was a fireman so this stuff might just look different to me. But like all the OMG such heroes was ackward. I was hoping she'd better at it.