Honored Contributor

This ten episode series premieres November 10 ( 3 episodes to start, then 1 a week) starring Kate Mara, Nick Robinson, and Shane Harper. "The drama series examines the complexities and consequences of an illicit sexual affair between a young teacher and student".

Honored Contributor

Has anyone been watching this? I have a $50 HULU gift card (this is how I pay for my subscription). I'm waiting for all the episodes are available so I can binge watch.

Trusted Contributor

I couldn't make it through the first episode. I am not a prude but I just don't need to see/hear all of that.

Honored Contributor

I watched all nine episodes today ( one more that is released on Tuesday). I can't help feeling sorry for the teacher, her husband, and student.

Honored Contributor

I saw the movie which was pretty good.  I didn't know there was a series.  Will wait till all episodes are shown then binge.

I must say, I felt no sympathy for the "teacher" or student in the movie version.  The student initiated the affair. He initiated where they would go to "knock da boots."  Teacher was just going w/the flow.  The student is a senior & looked so much older than the teacher who looked like she should have been the 17 yr old.

In the movie.....

Spoiler

He ended the affair.  Teacher by then was "hooked."  She DID NOT want to end the affair.  Which caused the "affair" to come out in the open.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

I've been watching the series and it seemed like the student started with a crush on the teacher who lost all sense of what not to do did it and then the fallout began.

I don't feel sorry for the teacher but I feel bad for her husband and the families.

Respected Contributor

Re: A Teacher On Hulu

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

This ten episode series premieres November 10 ( 3 episodes to start, then 1 a week) starring Kate Mara, Nick Robinson, and Shane Harper. "The drama series examines the complexities and consequences of an illicit sexual affair between a young teacher and student".

I really like the actor that was in Love Simon , but i find it disgusting , whether it be a male or female teacher , so i will not watch , i actually started it and said i am not going to put this into my mind. This is in the news often so it is a real problem. By the way Jorden2 did you see Dear Simon , or the series Love Victor , they were excellent , if you like coming of age movies. And don't forget Zoey's Playlist is right around the corner.

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I really like the actor that was in Love Simon , but i find it disgusting , whether it be a male or female teacher , so i will not watch , i actually started it and said i am not going to put this into my mind. This is in the news often so it is a real problem. By the way Jorden2 did you see Dear Simon , or the series Love Victor , they were excellent , if you like coming of age movies. And don't forget Zoey's Playlist is right around the corner.

@MW in Iowa I was watching a countdown show last night, the best of 2020. Anyway, they mentioned that Love, Victor was good, I decided to watch it. I thought it was good, they definitely left the door opened for a second season.

Respected Contributor

I think some people were concerned that both actors that were in movie and series weren't gay in real life.I can see that concern , but gay actors have been playing straight characters for decades

@Jordan2 wrote:

@MW in Iowa wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@MW in Iowa I was watching a countdown show last night, the best of 2020. Anyway, they mentioned that Love, Victor was good, I decided to watch it. I thought it was good, they definitely left the door opened for a second season.

I think some were concerned the actors in the series and movies weren't gay in real life. And i can understand that , but gay actors have been playing staight characters for years , and i am sure that wasn't always their first choice.