Esteemed Contributor

Re: A Summer Place TCM @ 3:30, Today!

@bikerbabe 

There is no doubt it is cheesy and predictable...but I had a terrible crush on Troy D.  

I love movies that have impossibly happy endings, so this is right up my alley Cat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Somertime   Boy, now you did it! lol  I went down the rabbit hole that is You Tube and listened to The Theme from a Summer Place.  Twice !!!!

for those who watch Bold and Beautiful the guy who used to play Ridge I think was in the band Player. Remember Baby, come back.  I watched that too.  He was on keyboard.  Oh God, it's such a bad song and a hoot to watch.

Like I said, rabbit hole.

Valued Contributor

I love the bedroom suite Sandra Dee's character and her parents stay in! The whole inn is charming. How fun it would be to actually stay at a place like that in beautiful Maine. I've only been to Maine once but I'd love to go back someday.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The movie was not filmed in Maine, it was Carmel ,Calif.  

https://franklloydwrightsites.com/california/walker/walker_house.html

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cimeranrose  and @Shelbelle (never mind Shelbelle - your post now has the link)

You may have come across this already but, if not, this site explains the history of the Frank Lloyd Wright-designed home near Carmel:

franklloydwrightsites DOT com/california/walker/walker_house.html

Walker House

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

@cimeranrose   I, too, loved the Victorian House and was surprised ti find out it was filmed in Carmel, Ca.

Here is an article you might find interesting:

http://www.pacificgroveheritage.org/newsletter/2008/HSNL_2008_01.pdf

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Somertime   Boy, now you did it! lol  I went down the rabbit hole that is You Tube and listened to The Theme from a Summer Place.  Twice !!!!

for those who watch Bold and Beautiful the guy who used to play Ridge I think was in the band Player. Remember Baby, come back.  I watched that too.  He was on keyboard.  Oh God, it's such a bad song and a hoot to watch.

Like I said, rabbit hole.

You are right ... it was him ....

Honored Contributor

Troy's first marriage was to Suzanne Pleshette - I'd forgotten that.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee 

Me too!

Both of them beautiful in their own ways.  

I always had a thing for blond guys (I have dark hair), and he was the ideal object of my affections as a teen Cat Happy  Just perfection!

Although he played a bad guy in Imitation of Life which was just on.  He was a woman beater!

I will spend some time tomorrow reading about them.  Seems to me he had a rather unhappy life.  Suzanne I'm not sure about....I know she did that show with Bob Newhart....Gosh, she was so pretty and seemed a good actress.