Esteemed Contributor

Re: A Star is Born

[ Edited ]

Awesome film, I saw it Saturday in a Dolby++ theater, the sound was if I was in a concert hall. It deserves every bit of Oscar buzz and all the accolades! Heart

I tried to revisit the originals on Amazon & On Demand but they're not free views right now. Woman Frustrated I'll watch them after the hype simmers a bit! Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@CherryHugs- Thank you for that link. I love that song

Honored Contributor

Rex Reed semi panned it. He said Gaga wasn't a movie star. Not sure what he meant, she is in a movie ,and she is a star

I don't like films that are really loud ,and I am afraid this one will be, so I will give it a miss. I might catch it on Netflix

There are movies that appeal to me more than this one.. For those seeing it enjoy

Trusted Contributor

Just got back from seeing the movie.  Liked it, didn't love it.  Movie just didn't stir up a lot of emotions in me like the BS/KK version did.   Maybe it's just me, but I didn't feel a strong love connection between Ally & Jack.  I'm a Ga Ga fan so I did enjoy most of the music, but it's hard not to compare this to the Streisand version, and nobody can top her.

But overall I thought GaGa, Bradley and Sam did a good job. Just hated the red hair.

I didn't get that at all. 

Honored Contributor

Gaga is a movie star. Her personal vulnerability let her play this role with no pretense. She put it all out there and took a big risk taking on this role. She absolutely shines, and Bradley Cooper was amazing. Their chemistry was real. Loved them, loved the movie.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

I went last night and the theatre was nearly completely full. The man who I happened to sit by was wiping his eyes at the end. The movie has a lot going for it for a variety of tastes.

Valued Contributor

We saw it last night - it was wonderful!  the music is great!  Others mentioned it was a very long movie; it kept my attention and didn't seem long at all.

Respected Contributor

Every one I know who has seen it thinks it is fantastic even though they knew the story.  Similar comment Bradley Cooper and the screenwriter Eric Roth made it their own.

Respected Contributor

Very good movie.  I saw the original but this has it's own spin.  Thought Cooper and Gaga were fantastic.  I did take cotton for my ears due to the fact the theaters are so loud.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw it over the weekend.  I was expecting to like it but I was blown away.  I much prefer this version to the Streisand/Kristofferson version (although it was good too).  LGG and her music were great!  I know who Bradley Cooper is but was not really familiar with any of his work but he absolutely nailed his part too (acting, singing AND directing).  I plan to go see it again!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown