Honored Contributor

I am still liking Garland and Mason!!

Trusted Contributor

I saw it last night.  

Don't bash me - but ...

I liked it, just didn't love it.  I thought it was a bit too long.  I did get a kick out of the bar where they met!Woman LOL

Loved LGG, loved her songs.  I didn't realize Andrew Dice Clay was her dad.  The voice was so recognizeable, but couldn't figure out who it was.

Worth seeing tho - just to see LGG.

Esteemed Contributor

@roeroe1005 wrote:

I saw it last night.  

Don't bash me - but ...

I liked it, just didn't love it.  I thought it was a bit too long.  I did get a kick out of the bar where they met!Woman LOL

Loved LGG, loved her songs.  I didn't realize Andrew Dice Clay was her dad.  The voice was so recognizeable, but couldn't figure out who it was.

Worth seeing tho - just to see LGG.

@roeroe1005

The comedian? I did not know that. He was pretty funny in the day.

I would love to see the movie, but I do not have the patience for long movies any more. I will wait until it comes out on DVD.

Valued Contributor

I'm going tomorrow while everyone else is watching football.  I loved the BS and KK version, never saw the other one.  I get a little leery when the critics give glowing reviews because I've been disappointed many times even when they win numerous awards.  I still want to see Robert Redford's movie but it is nowhere to be found around us.

Super Contributor

This looks so good. I will watch when it comes to tv  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

I got tickets for Sunday.  Can’t wait!  Even my husband is excited.  We watched the original and also the one with Barbara in preparation😊 lady Gaga is such an incredible talent.  Love her voice!

@NJgirl 1205  I'm not sure which you are considering the "original" version.  There were two versions of it before Streisand's. The Garland/Mason version was the second one.

Trusted Contributor

I too don't have the patience for long movies and often, the sound in the theater is up too high.  When it hurts my husband's ears....it's too loud.  I'll of course watch it when it reaches hbo but probably fall asleep.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A Star is Born

[ Edited ]

DH and I are going in the morning with my daughter and my one (adult) granddaughter. Cant wait, been waiting all year for this movie. Love Bradley (plus hes from near where i am in PA) Love Gaga! PS) To top it off our theatre was just remodeled with leather reclining seats (food and bar, wont be drinking though). Well cant wait to see the theatre all redone and the movie! We go to movies almost weekly but havent been there in 3 weeks.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

Lady G. {Stephanie Germota} is a brunette in real life and IMO I think looks beautiful as a brunette. She has an amazing singing voice, starting at a young age singing, writing and playing instruments before 9. Then went to Europe to check out the vibe there and created her persona because she had low self esteem issues and became popular over there before she returned to the states to make her debut.

I wanted to go see this movie today but my friend didn't so we ended up seeing The Predator. {dont waste time or money}

I will have to see it next week. Enjoy to those who saw it.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Trusted Contributor

Re: A Star is Born

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee and @NJgirl 1205,

Re: the movies of A Star is Born

~

1) The original A Star Is Born from 1937

Starring: Janet Gaynor & Fredric March

~

2) 1954  Starring: Judy Garland & James Mason

~