Esteemed Contributor
I saw it last night and liked it (liked the music), but if somebody told me they thought it was boring, I would understand. Kind of slow moving and quiet (like a lot of movies seem to be now.) I can’t place what it was, but I also think there was some connection missing for me. Would probably like better a second showing, which is frankly not going to happen.

Regardless, it was good and will earn many nominations. I wouldn’t be surprised by any wins either. Good 1st time direction by Bradley Cooper.
Honored Contributor

Re: A Star is Born

[ Edited ]

@granddi wrote:

We just saw it and I recommend it with a B+.

No doubt that lady GG is a one of a kind talent and BC is good too.

Just me picking on the film for a silly reason, but why did they do that hair color? 

We thought Barbara's and Kris K music was better.

I thought they chose that hair color to show how artificial and contrived her career became once she was signed to the label. They very much controlled every aspect of her public persona vs who she was in the beginning with Jackson. 

I'm saying that as someone that loves and has had unnatural colore hair, including pink. I think it's something often used in theater and movies so show how a character has changed over time especially when the character is in the entertainment field. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I do not go to movie theaters any more, but will rent it and watch on TV  at home .when it is available 

Esteemed Contributor

I cannot wait to see this!

I love BS & KK back in the day.  I still have the ALBUM soundtrack.  It's saved on my DVR and of couse I have the DVD

DH is afraid I will be disappointed. 

Respected Contributor

I have not been to the theater since May of this year.  I am going to see ASIB this Tuesday with a dear friend.  I'm glad to know most of you loved it!  

Trusted Contributor

I can't wait to see it also.  I saw B.S. and K.K. and loved that version.  And I love Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga.  So I expect to love this version also.  CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@granddi wrote:

We just saw it and I recommend it with a B+.

No doubt that lady GG is a one of a kind talent and BC is good too.

Just me picking on the film for a silly reason, but why did they do that hair color? 

We thought Barbara's and Kris K music was better.

I thought they chose that hair color to show how artificial and contrived her career became once she was signed to the label. They very much controlled every aspect of her public persona vs who she was in the beginning with Jackson. 

I'm saying that as someone that loves and has had unnatural colore hair, including pink. I think it's something often used in theater and movies so show how a character has changed over time especially when the character is in the entertainment field. 

I think that the fact that she said she did not want to be blonde, made us wonder about the hair. I see your point about the symbolism of her being controlled and artificial. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't go to the cinema.

I've seen the 2nd and 3rd versions; I think the version with Judy Garland and James Mason is the best so far....

Trusted Contributor

I got tickets for Sunday.  Can’t wait!  Even my husband is excited.  We watched the original and also the one with Barbara in preparation😊 lady Gaga is such an incredible talent.  Love her voice!

Honored Contributor

Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper were great, the movie was perfect for a date night. We both enjoyed it

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.