Valued Contributor

Hubbie and I watched this last night and were spellbound by Bradley Cooper and Lady GaGa as the music was unlike anything I have ever heard.  While we loved this movie doubt the academy will make it an oscar winner (unless it is music) as there are several movies that I believe are equal to this one.

Got on eBay and bought the movie it was sooo good.  I couldn't recommend  this more!!

YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN THE LAST TIME IS THE LAST TIME!

Honored Contributor

DH and I went to see it yesterday afternoon. They both played their parts really.

For personal reasons, it weighed heavy on my heart.

Honored Contributor

I love this movie, I bought it too!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

DH and I went to see it yesterday afternoon. They both played their parts really.

For personal reasons, it weighed heavy on my heart.

@OKPrincess 

Mine too, I completely understand.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@RINGER wrote:

Hubbie and I watched this last night and were spellbound by Bradley Cooper and Lady GaGa as the music was unlike anything I have ever heard.  While we loved this movie doubt the academy will make it an oscar winner (unless it is music) as there are several movies that I believe are equal to this one.

Got on eBay and bought the movie it was sooo good.  I couldn't recommend  this more!!

YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN THE LAST TIME IS THE LAST TIME!

@RINGER   Many viewers yesterday, including dh and me. It’s difficult to put the Barbra Streisand version out of mind, but we thought the movie was quite good and Bradley Cooper, especially talented....writer, singer, actor, etc. Lady Gaga, as well. A wonderful way to spend a rainy afternoon. This afternoon is The Wife w/ Glenn Close. 

Valued Contributor

Loved the movie and hope Shallow wins as best song

Honored Contributor

Re: A Star is Born

[ Edited ]

I feel  the Barbara Streisand/ Kris Kristofferson Star is Born (1976)  music/ songs  and the overall acting better than this new remake of the movie with GaGa and Dreamy Bradley..   I was 21 in 1976  when I saw it for the first time and cried my heart out in the theater when Kris K died in the car crash..... I never saw that coming. 

But each generation I guess needs to remake  this movie to speak to the time and issues of the day.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I also thought the Streisand version was much better. Can’t compare

Regular Contributor

Went to the movies with a friend when this first came out.  Sorry, I thought it was a snooze with little character development and storyline.  Streisand and Garland versions much better.

Trusted Contributor

TCM has been playing the first two (in my opinion, the real ones) lately I don't know how often the Streisand one is ever shown on TV. I truly enjoyed the original movies and like how each of the remakes took parts of the names of the characters in the remakes. I enjoyed the current one, but I think the story was a little too long and had some unnecessary storylines, so I guess that goes to the director. The music was good, though, and I am looking forward to seeing the duet tonight on the Oscars. I bet that song wins.