Valued Contributor

Re: A Star is Born w/Barbra S and Kris K

I haven't seen the Gaga version yet but I loved the Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson version and thought the sparks flew in that movie between the both of them.  I am anxious to see if it's the same in the Gaga version.  To me no one can top Barbra Streisand's voice but I know Gaga is also good singer also so we'll see.  

Honored Contributor

I’ve had a crush on Kris Kristofferson since I was a kid. He is an incredibly talented songwriter, which is his true gift. Much like Bob Dylan, he does not have a typical singing voice. I appreciate his artistry even so.
Can’t stand Streisand 😂 or Judy Garland. 😝
To be honest, I don’t like any of the Star is Born movies. Blech. I’ve only liked the male leads, specifically KK and James Mason.
Trusted Contributor

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the Carol Burnett/Glen Campbell version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdSpiyNJjqg

Respected Contributor

Can’t help myself - I love all of them !!

Frequent Contributor

I love the Streisand/Kristofferson version. I was a teen growing up around that time, i remember my friend bought the Streisand album. 

Kris K. "A Golden Gloves boxer with top grades at Pomona College in California, Kristofferson earned a Rhodes Scholarship to study literature at the University of Oxford in London."

Honored Contributor

Yup. KK is one smart guy. 💕
Super Contributor

I have seen the last two versions of A Star Is Born. I loved both of them. Have seen these versions numerous times and purchased both soundtracks. I thought both couples had great chemistry. Kris Kristopherson is a wonderful songwriter but I agree the man can't sing. Bradley Cooper did a decent job singing but I doubt he records any music in the future. In my opinion, both ladies are marvelous singers but not actors. Evergreen is a beautiful love song. The latest soundtrack has several songs I liked much better than Shallow.

Super Contributor

I love the latest version with Lady Gaga. We tried to watch the Streisand version (and I love her as a singer), but could not make it through. I found it way too cheesy and dated. 

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”